GRECIAN DEMO?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

GRECIAN DEMO?

Post by Foureyes »

A fellow Old Blue recently told me that when Peter Southern was newly in post at CH he introduced some changes that sparked a demonstration by Grecians, who camped out on his lawn in protest. I have no reason to doubt my informant, but he cannot recall the details, so, does anyone remember this and, if so, what was the cause and did the "demo" result in any amendments to the proposals?
:shock:
ben ashton
Grecian

Re: GRECIAN DEMO?

Post by ben ashton »

There was a mass sit-down outside of his house after prep one night on my UF(?) that made 'in-house nights' go away...

*and it wasn't just grecians :wink:
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Oh really? That's interesting! So it seems PCDS had his fair share of issues as well.

Which days were meant to be in-house nights?
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

This was just after all-through houses came back, think it was just one day a week and was supposed to encourage different year groups to interact more. Seniors were not impressed having just had juniors thrust upon them, and been spread out themselves through redistribution of their numbers therefore wanting to spend more time out of house to maintain relations.

I'm sure there were other changes being objected to as well, but this was the issue that sparked protest..
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I remember that mini protest Ben mentioned, they wanted to make Monday's in-house and it did not go down well. We all congregated outside Dr Southern's as soon as prep finished!

I think im implied the same thing in the thread about the new HM, that im sure Sourthern had his own new rules that did not go down well-happens whenever there is change
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

It was the year after I'd left, so it was actually his third year in the post...

If I recall, most seniors after prep went and congregated outside the head's house for an hour or so...

it seemed to have worked!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99