Nursemaids

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

MaryB
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Nursemaids

Post by MaryB »

You can see what Trish (now Chudleigh) is doing now here http://www.fetalcare.co.uk/new/meet-the-team (scroll down a bit), though I think it does her career less than justice. Parkin, now Susan Bowles, works for OFSTED as an HMI. I imagine DR might be quite proud of us, though I'm not sure how she would have felt about women priests (Kerren?).
Mary Bowden (Gaskell)
5.10, 3.6: 64-71
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Mary - a woman priest officiated at DR's funeral! She certainly was not as 'anti' as one might imagine and I THINK that she told the Rector of Alfriston, at some point, that if she had had her time again, that is what she would have wanted to do.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

The Rector at our church is female, and runs a lively lot -- including "Madhouse" which is for young people, immediately after the Morning Service.

She has asked me to preach at out little Norman church, a few times, which gives her an "Evening off "

She and her Husband, who is School Chaplain at Wellingborough, are canal boat enthusiasts.

She informed me --- with a straight face -- that she did not apply for the vacant post of Bishop of Salisbury !!

You will gather that we like her !
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I chatted to an Old Girl from before my time once - she said that DR had approvingly discussed the probability of women priests during a Scripture lesson. Can't remember her name now! But DR in favour, definitely.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

MaryB wrote:You can see what Trish (now Chudleigh) is doing now here http://www.fetalcare.co.uk/new/meet-the-team (scroll down a bit), though I think it does her career less than justice. Parkin, now Susan Bowles, works for OFSTED as an HMI. I imagine DR might be quite proud of us, though I'm not sure how she would have felt about women priests (Kerren?).
Still has the same blonde hair (though maybe with a bit of help these days :D). I was also in touch with Fran Holmes from the same year in 5s a few years ago when Friends Reunited first appeared and everyone went mad contacting any name they recognised. Fran has been in Australia for many years and works as a public librarian. I seem to remember contacting Sue Bowles in 2008 when we had the second Hertford reunion - I tried to round up as many old 5s as possible. She replied, though unfortunately she couldn't make it.

I did say at the time I would think about organising some other get-together for old 5s......hmmm, maybe time to starting doing something about it!
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:The Rector at our church is female, and runs a lively lot -- including "Madhouse" which is for young people, immediately after the Morning Service.

She has asked me to preach at out little Norman church, a few times, which gives her an "Evening off "

She and her Husband, who is School Chaplain at Wellingborough, are canal boat enthusiasts.

She informed me --- with a straight face -- that she did not apply for the vacant post of Bishop of Salisbury !!

You will gather that we like her !

The new vicar of our local church in North Holmwood is a woman, and she replaced the previous vicar, also a woman, who recently and very sadly lost her fight against cancer at quite a young age. She was a lovely caring woman.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.