ITS RUGBY TIME AGAIN

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: ITS RUGBY TIME AGAIN

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Borthwick's comments seem to have infuriated even the most ardent England supporter

I Support Ireland -- but notwithstanding that I would have LOVED to see Italy get a win -- it would have been good for the 6 Nations Tournament ---- Borthwick would probably have called it a "Close run thing !" :lol:
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

I was amused by the eggs we bought today see http://www.talkingretail.com/products/p ... -team.html sorry I couldn't find a picture of the box of 15 "The Full Fifteen". There is a cartoon hen, wearing a Welsh red shirt, making a drop kick.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

So it looks as though England will get stuffed by the French on Saturday and lift the Grand Chelem trophy...
Pretty pathetic match against Scotland, so I guess our hopes for a reasonable World Cup next year are non existant..

I could say let's turn to footies but now becks is out....oh dear....anyone for tiddlywinks?
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Try Formula One, Chaz ............. and happy birthday!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

It Being St Patrick's Day --- (Although he was a Scot ) I cannot resist the remark that, although we won't get the Grand Slam, as we did last year ------ the Triple Crown looks pretty good !!

I suppose the win against Wales, would have been described by Borthwick as "Another close-run thing " !! :lol:
Gilly6
2nd Former

Post by Gilly6 »

I admit England have been consistantly rubbish, Johnson appears to havbe no idea how to drag England out of the mire!
Finally though according to BBC news he has dropped Wilko, while a great player for England in his time he is no longer the force he was...see everyone at OB day I hope?
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

ALACK ALACK ALAY !!!
So we didn't win the Triple Crown ----- a draw would have done ! :(

I am too upset to give an analysis of the match ---- but what IDIOT gives away the crucial penalty, in his own 22 ? :oops:

On a very serious note ---- Booing by the crowd is something which was frowned on by most Players, from time immemorial.
and would NEVER have happened at CH.

I think the Welsh should be ashamed of themselvs for Booing, while a player is taking a Penalty Kick !!! :oops: :oops: :oops: VERY bad form.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

My prediction:

No Grand Slam winner but a winner based on points difference...

1.France
2.Ireland
3. England[/quote]

1 France 5 5 0 0 135 69 13 6 0 0 0 10
2 Ireland 5 3 0 2 106 95 11 6 0 0 0 6
3 England 5 2 1 2 88 76 6 5 0 0 0 5
4 Wales 5 2 0 3 113 117 10 11 0 0 0 4
5 Scotland 5 1 1 3 83 100 3 8 0 0 0 3
6 Italy

Well that's it for another year. Got the order right but did not pick France as Grand Slam winners. England had moments of former times but then it all got a bit muddeled and we gave so many penalties away. Good too see Moody as captain.
Just to bore you all I was his French teacher and tutor at Oakham for 2 years. Can't imagine he used much of what I taught him yesterday! :D

So now the run in for the Football World Cup is underway...J.R and other round ball fans will be happy
Last edited by CHAZ on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

I do remember L.M.Carey hissing at us "Don't APPLAUD when he lands the kick ------ it's his DUTY !"

:lol: :lol: :lol: --- where's the committment ? :lol: