Applying to Christ's Hospital Sixth Form

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

CarmeloLabadie
2nd Former

Applying to Christ's Hospital Sixth Form

Post by CarmeloLabadie »

I have sent in my application and I am attending the open day tomorrow. Just wondering, does anyone know the admissions process.

And, with grade predictions of 9 A*s, 1 A and 1 B, do I even stand a chance of getting in?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Applying to Christ's Hospital Sixth Form

Post by Mid A 15 »

CarmeloLabadie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 am I have sent in my application and I am attending the open day tomorrow. Just wondering, does anyone know the admissions process.

And, with grade predictions of 9 A*s, 1 A and 1 B, do I even stand a chance of getting in?
Hello Carmelo, welcome to the Forum.

Most of us on here are ancient Old Blues (former pupils) so not au fait with the intimacies of the present day admissions process.

However, the former Master in charge of admissions retired a couple of years back and is a member of the forum although he has not posted for a while. If he still reads and sees this thread I am sure he will add some advice for you.

Traditionally, to be admitted to Christ's Hospital one has had to demonstrate 'Need' be it economic or otherwise although a percentage of pupils paying full fees are accepted nowadays I believe.

Your predicted grades look impressive to a layman like me. What about your extra curricular interests? Sport, Music Drama etc all of which the School has a tradition in. They may lift you above 'The Herd.'

All the best anyway.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
harryh
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Applying to Christ's Hospital Sixth Form

Post by harryh »

CarmeloLabadie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 am I have sent in my application and I am attending the open day tomorrow. Just wondering, does anyone know the admissions process.

Best advice?

Be interested. Be yourself