Ben Breakwell convicted of abuse

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Ben Breakwell convicted of abuse

Post by sejintenej »

Good for you in not persueing the cases. The press is a major problem in anything they start looking at.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Otter
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Otter »

I agree with the view that the families are totally innocent and also victims in a different way.

I do remember that one of Husband's relatives went on the Old Blues Facebook group after Husband's conviction to proclaim Husband's innocence and to attempt to undermine the victims' credibility.

I would qualify that by acknowledging that unless you are in that situation, it is impossible to imagine how you would feel or react if you find that someone you love and are very close to turns out to have committed evil crimes. It seems a bit like the stages of grief, with denial, anger, ultimately acceptance, etc.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Otter wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:35 pm I agree with the view that the families are totally innocent and also victims in a different way.

I do remember that one of Husband's relatives went on the Old Blues Facebook group after Husband's conviction to proclaim Husband's innocence and to attempt to undermine the victims' credibility.

I would qualify that by acknowledging that unless you are in that situation, it is impossible to imagine how you would feel or react if you find that someone you love and are very close to turns out to have committed evil crimes. It seems a bit like the stages of grief, with denial, anger, ultimately acceptance, etc.
As usual, wildly off topic but related to the last post.
My sister-in-laws sister, who was married to a wealthy farmer, disappeared some years ago. They had been having marital problems and he was a prime suspect. He was detained, questioned and released as there was no body, so it was difficult to make a case. After a little while he took up with another woman and they formed a family. Somehow he was overheard during a pub conversation, claiming that he had done away with his wife, ie, my sister-in-laws sister, but that the police would never find the body. The police dug up half his farm, found no body but decided they had a case, arrested him, he was given a trial and much to his surprise, convicted of murder. There must have been more to it but this is the abbreviated version I got from my brother, (also an OB).
His new partner set up a Facebook account to protest his innocence and try to get enough support for a retrial. On one of her visits to him, she tried to get him to take a lie detector, as part of his defence and another reason for a retrial. He refused, and when asked why said "Because I would fail".
He then confessed and took the police to the place where he had buried the body, so my sister-in-law, finally got closure.
Facebook can be a very dangerous tool.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Otter
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Otter »

robert totterdell wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 am His sentencing has been adjourned to 30th November 2021 pending the availability of the Prosecution Barrister. He is on Remand.
Did this happen today, or has it been further delayed?
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by robert totterdell »

No - it was not listed so postponed but we don't know why or when or where!