Letter to Head Master

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Letter to Head Master

Post by robert totterdell »

Hi Cstergerlewis

Interesting about the scout camp in '84. Don't suppose there is any chance of saying who the scouts masters were attending? You make more than an interesting point but I'll come back to that.

Thanks

Rob
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

I don't think there is any secret that Scouts were led by JDS (as they always were) with Ian Torkington in attendance. I am pretty certain Goodall was there helping as well as Hywel Bennett (an older chap in his mid twenties, Old Blue and ex Scout, worked for the BBC in Cardiff), Burr and Webb on the boat. Gut feel was there was at least one other master there (because there must have been at least 4 drivers with the minibuses) but I can't place him.

I think it was too early for Dobbie, but he was certainly on the Scout trip to the Broads in 86, and our Stag Patrol (UF) trip to the Lakes in December 85 - I remember because he came in to tell us that another boy in the Deps had unfortunately died of Cystic Fibrosis (Bill ??????), just in case we knew him - I had actually spent some time in the sicker with him the year before.

PM me if you need any more.
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by robert totterdell »

Will do. Opening a new topic as I have had a response to my letter.

Rob