Spring Lamb

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Taken today :)

2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

And some more

2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Our local fields are full of lambs at the moment - they have been born over quite a long period as some are newborn others quite mature. I love to watch them playing 'I'm the king of the castle' on a boulder in the field!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

I agree that lambs have really cute faces. What a pity they look so stupid as adults!
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

midget wrote:I agree that lambs have really cute faces. What a pity they look so stupid as adults!
Hi Midget

At the risk of finding men in white coats standing at my door ............... if you ever have the opportunity to get up close and talk to a sheep you will find that they are actually quite animated. I agree that members in a flock usually look quite gormless - but they remind me of a coachload of tourists :)

Caroline
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:At the risk of finding men in white coats standing at my door ............... if you ever have the opportunity to get up close and talk to a sheep you will find that they are actually quite animated. I agree that members in a flock usually look quite gormless - but they remind me of a coachload of tourists :)
We can get quite rude (behind their backs) about some of the coachloads that come to us. Before Butlins Pwllheli closed it was a saying 'All coach parties behave like sheep, but only Butlins ones actually go Baa'. As the Butlins parties signed up for different day outings they usually did not recognise each other. This meant we could place a stooge in the carriage to buy refreshments and a guidebook. It was very noticeable that once this stooge had bought others followed suit and revenue increased! (I still think a justifiable piece of marketing as nobody was forcing anyone to buy, just giving a lead)
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Katharine wrote:
icomefromalanddownunder wrote:At the risk of finding men in white coats standing at my door ............... if you ever have the opportunity to get up close and talk to a sheep you will find that they are actually quite animated. I agree that members in a flock usually look quite gormless - but they remind me of a coachload of tourists :)
We can get quite rude (behind their backs) about some of the coachloads that come to us. Before Butlins Pwllheli closed it was a saying 'All coach parties behave like sheep, but only Butlins ones actually go Baa'. As the Butlins parties signed up for different day outings they usually did not recognise each other. This meant we could place a stooge in the carriage to buy refreshments and a guidebook. It was very noticeable that once this stooge had bought others followed suit and revenue increased! (I still think a justifiable piece of marketing as nobody was forcing anyone to buy, just giving a lead)
Very clever
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Katharine wrote:Our local fields are full of lambs at the moment - they have been born over quite a long period as some are newborn others quite mature. I love to watch them playing 'I'm the king of the castle' on a boulder in the field!
Katherine !

Living where you live, and getting involved in a conversation about sheep might prompt comments regarding leisure centres from some posters !!

Incidently, I also adore lambs.

Pass the mint sauce and redcurrant-jelly, someone !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Katharine wrote:We can get quite rude (behind their backs) about some of the coachloads that come to us. Before Butlins Pwllheli closed it was a saying 'All coach parties behave like sheep, but only Butlins ones actually go Baa'. As the Butlins parties signed up for different day outings they usually did not recognise each other. This meant we could place a stooge in the carriage to buy refreshments and a guidebook. It was very noticeable that once this stooge had bought others followed suit and revenue increased! (I still think a justifiable piece of marketing as nobody was forcing anyone to buy, just giving a lead)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it!

Caroline