Repeal major detrimental changes at Christ's Hospital

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Re: Repeal major detrimental changes at Christ's Hospital

Post by blondie95 »

qwerty your post was what was needed, to highlight just how a change in leadership will always cause a period of uprest and then it all settles and becomes the norm.

Also spartacist, i agree with lonelymom, we are by no means saying the tightening of rules is removing oppoutunities for the pupil. As i have said prevoiusly you have to remember the school is acitng as parent for 800 children!!! Having a strong set of rules surely will help the pupils to grow and develop into rounded indivdiuals who understand that life has rules, there are certain behaviour expectations and manners!!! It will not remove oppoutunties!!!!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Next time I'm at a match and I see Mr Franklin, I am going to make a point of going over and saying 'hi' and chatting to him. If he is shy he probably isn't happy approaching people, but, as Josh says, is quite chatty when he gets going :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

lonelymom wrote:Next time I'm at a match and I see Mr Franklin, I am going to make a point of going over and saying 'hi' and chatting to him. If he is shy he probably isn't happy approaching people, but, as Josh says, is quite chatty when he gets going :)
Let's all do it - the poor man won't know what's hit him :lol:
Wuppertal
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Wuppertal »

qwerty wrote:He changed the grecians ball form earlier in the week to the same night as the rock concert on the last night of term, so people weren't going round pissed all week. We were in uproar about it, it was our night and we didn't want it to clash with the rock concert which was the night we got to say goodbye to all our other friends that weren't leaving. I don't know if it still goes like that now, but I expect a couple of years on no-one cared because that is how it had always been for them.
The rock concert is now on a Saturday evening a few weeks before the end of term and the Grecians' Ball is on the very last Friday evening.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

JR --- If I am the" Notorious "--- you are the "Incorrigible " ! :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:JR --- If I am the" Notorious "--- you are the "Incorrigible " ! :lol:
........ and very proud of it Neill !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Wuppertal wrote:
qwerty wrote: The rock concert is now on a Saturday evening a few weeks before the end of term and the Grecians' Ball is on the very last Friday evening.
The last saturday of term - so New Deps get to go to it. Being held behind Gr.E this year because of the junior musical...
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Wow, that was 14 pages of somewhat varied writing...

I don't agree with much of what has been written in the petition...

However,

a café - the grecians' club is sadly now a shadow of its former self and is essentially a café for grecians - why not expand it to let others in too? Other nights maybe... when the grand masterplan was in full swing and a New CDT school was to built near the Art School, the current CDT school was going become a large social area for the pupils.
I must confess, I have always been wary about the removal of back ash (behind Middleton and Lamb) - where are the kids meant to play?

Rock concert - I can't see why kids from the UF can't play - they always used to and if they are good enough, let them! I mean, Bob Sillett played every year and he was hardly an expert! (Great fun though!)

And as for sex etc... if you are going to do it, be careful and remember the 11th commandment...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Spartacist wrote: it is not about sex anymore. It never was in the first place - it just came up in conversation. Yes, I do feel your points are .... conservative... to say the least? But what would a young man expect?
This is a personal first for me... I've never been told that my views are conservative before. Feel quite pleased :shock: !

(Quavery voice) Thank you, young man!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

I'm glad that "conservative" wasn't with a capital C ! :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Great Plum wrote:Wow, that was 14 pages of somewhat varied writing...

I don't agree with much of what has been written in the petition...

However,

a café - the grecians' club is sadly now a shadow of its former self and is essentially a café for grecians - why not expand it to let others in too? Other nights maybe... when the grand masterplan was in full swing and a New CDT school was to built near the Art School, the current CDT school was going become a large social area for the pupils.
I must confess, I have always been wary about the removal of back ash (behind Middleton and Lamb) - where are the kids meant to play?

Rock concert - I can't see why kids from the UF can't play - they always used to and if they are good enough, let them! I mean, Bob Sillett played every year and he was hardly an expert! (Great fun though!)

And as for sex etc... if you are going to do it, be careful and remember the 11th commandment...
"Thou Shalt by a Pram" ??
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Is this a Typo or a more subtle point ?
"Thou shalt by a Pram" --- Ifa Typo on "Buy"-- Then Purchase
Alternatevely If not a Typo, --- and I prefer this, Do whatever you are doing by a Pram -- as a consequence ! :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I hadn't noticed the typo. I'm blaming an old sticky key-board !

Nice one Neill.

I was slightly tempted to move this thread to the 'Pedants' thread for that !