Carol Concert question

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Carol Concert question

Post by Tim »

Hi all,

Michelle at the CHA called me to ask me to come and play my trombone at the carol concert... however I was late getting back to her and now she's away until tomorrow (when the concert is).

I would indeed like to come and parp down my plumbing kit but I don't know the following:

1) where is the concert?
2) what time is the rehearsal? (assuming there is one ... if not, what time does the show start)

Can anyone help?

Thanks! - hope to see some of you tomorrow!
Tim
Tim Benjamin
PeB: 87-90 :)
PeA: 90-91 :(
MidB: 91-93 :D
http://www.timbenjamin.com
Clements Theory: http://www.clementstheory.com - E-learn music theory!
Study guides and thousands of practice questions for Associated Board Grade 5 Theory
CHAZ
Grecian

Re: Carol Concert question

Post by CHAZ »

St John's Church, Waterloo Road
1800 start
Choir rehearsal at 1600

http://www.chassociation.org/news/newsa ... NewsId=560
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

SUPER!

Thanks very much.

There is a seedy yet excellent pub just near there, "The Hole in the Wall" opposite the main staircase to waterloo station. The techies from the Southbank go there, and it has an excellent selection of real ale (a relative rarity in London!). Hopefully I will be able to pay a visit tomorrow... :-)

Tim
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Good to see you tomorrow... I believe you will be 'boning' (ahem!) with Tom Ryder...

There is a space reserved for us I believe at a local watering hole after the concert...

(I wonder if they have done any work on the world's most appalling sounding organ?)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Join fellow Old Blues after the CHA Christmas Carol Concert to help refuel after some superb carol singing! Kate Atkinson (Col B 93-00) and Michelle Sutlieff, the CHA Manager, invite any Old Blues following the Carol Concert, or around Waterloo, on the evening of Wednesday 10th December to drinks at All Bar One, 1 Chicheley Street - just round the corner from St John's Church.

This was the watering hole suggested , Tim, but yours sounds great.

Sadly living abroad prevents me from attending such a fine event but heraty singing to all who go and enjoy!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I too am unable to attend this year, due to work commitments (just can't get away early enough) and also that I'm handing over my old job and picking up a new challenge in the new year.

GOOD LUCK for tomorrow to all involved, and hope everyone enjoys it as much as previous years.

So sorry I can't be there. Have fun!

JT
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

Does anyone happen to know if one should wear black for this? I seem to remember just wearing a work suit last time but maybe performers are supposed to be in black...

Tim
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Not a question any more..... but just to say I enjoyed my first CHA carol concert immensely. Despite looking like Norah No Mates to start with, I eventually saw several people I recognised, and it was a delight to meet DBTS at last, who did an excellent job of MCing. My photos were crap but hopefully I will be able to beg, borrow or steal enough from other people (Michelle and Wendy!) - though if anyone else has any good ones I'd be really grateful if they'd be willing to share......in the interests of The Old Blue :D

And to the gang of lovely ladies that I gatecrashed, thinking they looked about my age and wondering if I knew any of them - it should be illegal to look that young at 60!!! :axe: Mind you, I did give lovely Miss Tucker a hug when she said I didn't look a day older than when I left in 1975 :D

Oh, and Tim - the band were great. As were the choir, organist, and Linden & Elaine. Congrats to Michelle, Wendy and everyone who organised it.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

It was good fun - I enjoyed it! :-)

Well done to all who organised...

I would ask, again, that it isn't held on a Wednesday in term time at 6pm - it is just too early for many people to get to. There would be far more YOBs there if the time could be moved!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99