Weddings...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: Weddings...

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Well those two are lovely - what wonderful blue sky! The horse looks very interested in the beer.....
And Jess' dress is magnificent.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

stunning pictures, looks absolutly fantastic
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Looks lovely!
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

I've come over all misty-eyed. Jess lloks beautiful and they both look very happy. Will the horse be accompanying them on honeymoon?
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Guy and all the other furries stayed home, but John's parents have gone on the honeymoon.

Not quite as crazy as it sounds - they could only come to Oz (from England) for two weeks, and spent the first week recovering from jet lag and helping with wedding preparations, so the only way John could get to spend quality time with them was to travel together.

xx
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Blimey. I hope they have separate bedooms, 100 yards apart.....with red flip flops guarding the honeymoon suite.....
Kerren Simmonds
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Does Jess look like you Caroline? Apart from the hair colour I seem to detect a family resemblance.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Liz Jay
Deputy Grecian

Post by Liz Jay »

Hi Caroline

I think Jess looks like you as well! Her dress is gorgeous and so is the horse. When Mick and I got married we had a Beardie in some of the photos ....
Liz (was Plummer now Jay)
Ex - Sixes ''66 - ''68
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

englishangel wrote:Does Jess look like you Caroline? Apart from the hair colour I seem to detect a family resemblance.

Yes, despite hair and eye colour, people never have any difficulty working out that there is a close relationship :wink:

xx
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:
englishangel wrote:Does Jess look like you Caroline? I seem to detect a family resemblance.
Yes ... people never have any difficulty working out that there is a close relationship
My son looks so much like his father he has been called 'aggressively legitimate'. :D :D As if my son wouldn't be legitimate!! :D :D
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I have just come back from the first wedding of the year...

my friend Mike married his long term girlfriend Alison at Kitley House near Brixton (no, not that one... the one in Plymouth) and the weather was beautiful!

Interesting wedding - Mike is currently serving in the RAF (he has been in the army before) so he was in military get up - the wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast was suits etc and the evening's entertainment was black tie - so it neccessitated a quick visit back to ur B&B to change!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

Thanks for the photos Caroline ! Just love the riding boots under the gown .... how my horse mad sisters would approve !

Jess looks very like you Caroline... except the blond hair... your hair was glossy,straight and nearly black, setting off your big brown eyes :)

Please peruse the private message I have left you. Sorry it took so long....I've been on a THREE MONTH course which finished yeaterday and I'm totally knac...er...exhausted :)

warm thoughts to all.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Great Plum wrote:I have just come back from the first wedding of the year...

my friend Mike married his long term girlfriend Alison at Kitley House near Brixton (no, not that one... the one in Plymouth) and the weather was beautiful!

Interesting wedding - Mike is currently serving in the RAF (he has been in the army before) so he was in military get up - the wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast was suits etc and the evening's entertainment was black tie - so it neccessitated a quick visit back to ur B&B to change!
blimey thats a bit much two different dress requirements-they cant have expected everyone to have changed!

Im having a stricter dress code as there are a few people i know who would turn up in their everyday clothes-as i have to look at pictures for years to come i want them to look good!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Great Plum wrote:I have just come back from the first wedding of the year...

we went to one like this in January 2001, the couuple had been togehter 13 years and had two children 12 and 6. sorry to say they are now divorced
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Well, that's cheerful!
Has anyone done any research on the relationship between 'living together before marriage' and 'divorce after marriage'? The only long-term living together friends I had, who eventually married with great ceremony, were divorced within two years...... But we must not generalise. I am sure that each and every case is individual.......
Kerren Simmonds