CH cyclists in Fowey

Want to tell Old Blues about a school event? Tell them what it is, when and where to come...

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

CH cyclists in Fowey

Post by DavebytheSea »

Frank Pattison and his CH cyclists are meeting up w Old Blue well-wishers etc. on Sunday (10th April) at the King of Prussia - Fowey's splendid pub on the quay. All welcome from 6:30 pm. NB Frank points out that this venue (chosen by me, not him) is eminently suitable for the Head of German(y)!
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Wish them my best - just come back from Plymouth!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Say HI to Frank for me (and encourage him to join the forum?!??)

I used to be in the Cycling Club, and am still in the top 20 (ish) all-time mileage list I believe?

Give him my best, and wish them all well - I did the Devon & Cornwall tour whilst with Frank whilst at school, and thoroughly enjoyed it (apart from the last day, 75 miles across Dartmoor to Exeter, in the rain, into a strong headwind, aiming to catch an earlier train than originally planned - felt good when we got there though!)

J

To save anyone Googling it:-
Map:- CLICK HERE
Town Quay, Fowey,Cornwall PL23 1AT
Telephone: 01726 833694
Fax: 01726 834902
Few inns in Cornwall offer more scenic places to eat good food, drink real ale and watch the world go by. The bar lounge has a very definite waterside atmosphere and enjoys panoramic views across the harbour and the mouth of the River Fowey. The original
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

must say thats a fantastic venue have fond memories of that quayside (cant picture the pub exactly....)

have fun!
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Well Hannah - didn't know you travelled in these parts. The pub is accessed by climbing up some exterior stone steps.

We had a great evening. One grecian and 3 UF's more than held their own with us fuddy duddies (excluding the yourthful Frank Pattison of course!). We were very impressed with both the appetite and the conversation and were especially excited to hear of James' ambition to scale Everest next year. II acn't now remember his surname, but I have suggested he uses this site to tell us more in due course.,
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

DavebytheSea wrote:Well Hannah - didn't know you travelled in these parts. The pub is accessed by climbing up some exterior stone steps.

...used to live near fowey!
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

This is duplicated in limeric section but for completeness i have added it here also:

Last Sunday, imagine my joy
When I met Housey cyclists in Fowey
The Cornwall Blue club
Met them in a pub
Eating burgers they seemed to enjoy.

Really Hannah? where? when? I used to teach in St Austell! Do I know you?
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

you used to teach in st austell eh? mum and dad used to work in lanlivery at the field studies centre and my dad i think knows everyone from bodmin/st austell from the early 80s...

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Hannoir wrote:you used to teach in st austell eh? mum and dad used to work in lanlivery at the field studies centre and my dad i think knows everyone from bodmin/st austell from the early 80s...
That's not the Churchtown Farm Centre is it? David??? with a beard ??? Can't remember surname.