Richard Poulton has died

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

LHA
Deputy Grecian

Richard Poulton has died

Post by LHA »

This is sad news and my condolences to the loved ones of anyone who has died including Poulton’s, although I note he has now gone to his grave without ever explaining, or being asked to explain or being held to account for the regime of criminality he oversaw. The school don’t seem to have attempted as much.

Hopefully he’s not in line for any posthumous gongs or a grand send off from the school
AMP
Deputy Grecian

Re: Richard Poulton has died

Post by AMP »

loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

AMP wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:02 pm He was a Justice of the Peace.

https://www.wycliffe.co.uk/the-wycliffi ... d-poulton/
viewforum.php?f=42
Interesting - my daughter has just finished at Wycliffe (cue outrage from Mr Redshaw though he has been very quiet of late) and, though not without its faults, safeguarding was never in any way an issue.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

It seems fitting that his passing is recorded in this sub forum on the abuse cases.

The school has since closed the hyperlink to the original statement it made after Dobbie’s conviction. But it did say at the time:

“it is clear that abuse at Christ Hospital was enabled not only by the perpetrators who committed it, but by the environment in which it occurred“
Poulton (and Sillett, Cairncross, et al) were that environment, such that the school cut him loose in the words above.