Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

rockfreak
Grecian

Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Post by rockfreak »

After much pressure from family who seem to think I may be about to keel over and need looking after, I've cashed in my chips and moved nearby, opting for a rather decent retirement complex in Saltdean, five miles east of Brighton. The vibe here is lovely. Everyone's friendly and relaxed. It's a bit like the Summer of '67 only moved to the seaside. I hadn't been to Brighton for years so that too was a surprise. People with pink hair, people with green hair, old hippies, young hippies, lesbians with industrial boots. My kind of place.
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Post by time please »

Having lived in Hastings during my years att CH I can only congratulate your on your choice of a new place to reside. It is a very very pleasant area.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

But were there lesbians in industrial boots in that era?
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by time please »

In that era the Gay community was too frightened to show itself.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

I've posted elsewhere about how our housemaster in the 50s called the recently pubescent pupils in to his study to warn us about homosexual liaisons, it being illegal at the time. I remember how many fancied other housemates but were all paranoid about turning out gay - which then could be the kiss of death in life later on, unless you were in showbiz (and even there couldn't exactly announce it upfront). I do have to laugh on this site on occasion. Sometime ago an Old Blue replied to one of my posts who plainly didn't remember me although I remember him, from the time when I was a sylphlike blond 12-year-old and he pursued me around my bed in the Sicker trying to get his hands on me.
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

And you're quite sure he wasn't trying to get his hands on you purely in order to throttle you for being an annoying little tick?
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by time please »

It goes the same way as usual. You post a topic somebody answers you and then you change the subject tottaly trying to get people annoyed.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

rockfreak wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:20 pm I've posted elsewhere about how our housemaster in the 50s called the recently pubescent pupils in to his study to warn us about homosexual liaisons, it being illegal at the time. I remember how many fancied other housemates but were all paranoid about turning out gay - which then could be the kiss of death in life later on, unless you were in showbiz (and even there couldn't exactly announce it upfront). I do have to laugh on this site on occasion. Sometime ago an Old Blue replied to one of my posts who plainly didn't remember me although I remember him, from the time when I was a sylphlike blond 12-year-old and he pursued me around my bed in the Sicker trying to get his hands on me.
You were clearly very homophobic in those days. Hopefully even in your hard-of-thinking dotage Brighton will be able to encourage you to think differently.