Update on work by independent mediator

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Chris Grady
2nd Former
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am
Real Name: Chris Grady

Update on work by independent mediator

Post by Chris Grady »

This is an update from Robert, Ken, Adrian, Richard and Chris from checking in with Lia:

Based on the listening exercise, Lia has drawn together a series of proposals for ways forward, and submitted these to the School. She will be meeting with Simon Reid in late-August to discuss next steps. We will be able to provide another update following that meeting. In the meantime, we continue to be in regular contact with Lia.
Chris Grady
2nd Former
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am
Real Name: Chris Grady

Re: Update on work by independent mediator

Post by Chris Grady »

The meeting between Simon Reid and Lia has happened as planned and her proposal for the way forward has been accepted. Lia is now working up the next phase and is keeping us updated . We will update the Forum as we learn more.

Chris with Adrian, Ken, Richard and Robert
28th August 2021
LHA
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 pm
Real Name: Charles Henry

Re: Update on work by independent mediator

Post by LHA »

Chris Grady wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:11 am The meeting between Simon Reid and Lia has happened as planned and her proposal for the way forward has been accepted. Lia is now working up the next phase and is keeping us updated . We will update the Forum as we learn more.

Chris with Adrian, Ken, Richard and Robert
28th August 2021
Chris. Thanks for the update - is it possible to provide a bit more detail info as to what the mediator’s role is and what this process is al about / the intended outcomes are etc. Just would be keen to know - with thanks
Chris Grady
2nd Former
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am
Real Name: Chris Grady

Re: Update on work by independent mediator

Post by Chris Grady »

Thanks for the request Charles. We haven't seen the proposal yet, but I'm expecting to learn more by the end of the week. I trust Lia to be moving this forward in a careful way. More anon Chris
Chris Grady
2nd Former
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:31 am
Real Name: Chris Grady

Re: Update on work by independent mediator

Post by Chris Grady »

On Fri 29th Rob and I attended the third meet of the small team gathered and facilitated by Lia Shimada to take forward the ideas which came through the Listening Project. We both feel that good progress is being made, carefully building towards a more outward facing programme. Over the next months there will be a series of small gatherings for victims and those affected by the historic abuse. A first one will be just for those who have gone through the court process and each of those people have been invited by Lia for a lunch without any CH representation. Some of these people are keen to know that they are not alone at this time, others will choose not to engage with this meet. From this will come a wider understanding of future gatherings and process. We are also working on a parallel strand which will lead to a longer term signposting programme for those who may need support or information moving forward. Each meeting we have with CH strengthens our understanding of the safeguarding and change in culture of the school, and we know that this is important to be shared with the wider CH /Old Blue community. Thank you for all those who have contacted Lia as part of the listening process and helped to shape this part of the reconciliation process. Rob and I will continue to update on this Forum and, when any invitation is put out, to ensure the widest community is aware. Chris / 5th May
Post Reply