IICSA UPDATE

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

IICSA UPDATE

Post by robert totterdell »

Dear All

I can confirm that CH will NOT be included in Phase II of the inquiry. No public school is.

They have chosen quite small schools not all of which are independent of the state system.

There is no right of appeal.

The only legal aspect is to challenge the inquiry but it is not possible as they are Independent.

Quite simply the establishment is protecting the establishment and it makes the inquiry a farce. Mind you many have already said that.

So CH will walk away and that is it.

I would like to thank all of you who took the time and trouble to write to IICSA. It is greatly appreciated.

And so that is it - there is to be some sort of Reconciliation.

But actually that is not it - not whilst I am alive.

If IICSA can't have the guts to bring forward a Public School, then I will and there are ways of doing it. I think CH and IICSA may rue their decision.

And I will now be very public.

Watch this space (and you CH).

Rob
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: IICSA UPDATE

Post by J.R. »

Sad news Rob but hardly surprising.

My view is that the more we get stone-walled by authority, the more public WE should become.

Don't believe that American expression, "You Can't Beat City Hall !"
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Dear All

I am applying to be a Core Participant

This would bring CH into the lime light but I am not holding my breath.

However I want to clarify something: The police have been able to charge 6 teachers over the period from 1969 to 2001. However, information provided suggests that activities of live teachers (a complaint was made but the teacher concerned was deceased no further action could be taken) runs from 1963 through until - well, from what witnesses have told me - 2016.

A witness is nothing more than a witness. No formal action can be taken unless a victim (generally more than one) comes forward.

In the Burr case a victim came forward in 2000 but the complaints were rejected by the police at that time.
The victim came forward again in 2016 but whilst noted, it was not until 2 other victims came forward in 2017 that Mr Burr was first arrested and then charged.

There is an issue - because of false accusations there is a concern of arresting and charging perpetrators of sexual abuse. The Cliff Richard example exemplifies the issue.

It is also a simple fact that in over 78% of child sexual abuse cases, the victim does not reveal the issue for over 20 years. So an abuse victim say in 2015 will not reveal the abuse until 2035. This is a simplification but very many victims simply do not reveal their ordeal until quite later in their life.

In the Burr case and for that matter Martin the victims didn't come forward for around 40 years.

So I need to make something very clear - whilst CH today is a very different place from what it was, the true new safeguarding only happened with the arrival of the new Head Teacher in Sept. 2017. Whilst the previous head had worked endlessly to introduce a true safe guarding system, I believe he was thwarted by members of staff who from 2008 to 2016, were actually in control of the school. Franklin was outmaneuvered, outnumbered and outgunned. What he did should be respected - but abuse did continue including in the supposedly blocked off Tube.

In the incidents of Burr only 4 pupils have come forward - there are many more but they do not want to and, given what I have been through, I can't blame them.

This will be true of all of the perpetrators.

There are teachers, especially in the later cases, that provided cover for the abuse and ignored its consequences for the victims. They put their jobs and own welfare first. They did not break any law as there is none. They simply did what was best for them - whether they can live with their own moral judgement is for them.

A sea change occurred in 2017, unfortunately for many it was not too little but far too late.

Rob
harryh
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by harryh »

robert totterdell wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:30 pm Dear All

I am applying to be a Core Participant

This would bring CH into the lime light but I am not holding my breath.

However I want to clarify something: The police have been able to charge 6 teachers over the period from 1969 to 2001. However, information provided suggests that activities of live teachers (a complaint was made but the teacher concerned was deceased no further action could be taken) runs from 1963 through until - well, from what witnesses have told me - 2016.

A witness is nothing more than a witness. No formal action can be taken unless a victim (generally more than one) comes forward.

In the Burr case a victim came forward in 2000 but the complaints were rejected by the police at that time.
The victim came forward again in 2016 but whilst noted, it was not until 2 other victims came forward in 2017 that Mr Burr was first arrested and then charged.

There is an issue - because of false accusations there is a concern of arresting and charging perpetrators of sexual abuse. The Cliff Richard example exemplifies the issue.

It is also a simple fact that in over 78% of child sexual abuse cases, the victim does not reveal the issue for over 20 years. So an abuse victim say in 2015 will not reveal the abuse until 2035. This is a simplification but very many victims simply do not reveal their ordeal until quite later in their life.

In the Burr case and for that matter Martin the victims didn't come forward for around 40 years.

So I need to make something very clear - whilst CH today is a very different place from what it was, the true new safeguarding only happened with the arrival of the new Head Teacher in Sept. 2017. Whilst the previous head had worked endlessly to introduce a true safe guarding system, I believe he was thwarted by members of staff who from 2008 to 2016, were actually in control of the school. Franklin was outmaneuvered, outnumbered and outgunned. What he did should be respected - but abuse did continue including in the supposedly blocked off Tube.

In the incidents of Burr only 4 pupils have come forward - there are many more but they do not want to and, given what I have been through, I can't blame them.

This will be true of all of the perpetrators.

There are teachers, especially in the later cases, that provided cover for the abuse and ignored its consequences for the victims. They put their jobs and own welfare first. They did not break any law as there is none. They simply did what was best for them - whether they can live with their own moral judgement is for them.

A sea change occurred in 2017, unfortunately for many it was not too little but far too late.

Rob
Let me too make something abundantly clear -

To suggest that any members of staff who "from 2008 to 2016 were actually in control of the school" - as opposed to the Head Master - is nothing but arrant nonsense.

(edited by JTaylor simply to correct the incorrect quoting tags)
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

I have responded to HH on a PM.

I'll give him the generosity of allowing him to ponder my response over the weekend and then be able to reply to me if he so wishes.

Cheers

Rob
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

I am really pleased to say that HH and I are now in contact - this is good news.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

robert totterdell wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:12 pm I am really pleased to say that HH and I are now in contact - this is good news.
Good news indeed Rob.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.