Wiki is wrong! Launchbury

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Katharine
Button Grecian

Wiki is wrong! Launchbury

Post by Katharine »

Last night I was watching the rugby and wondered what Joe Launchbury was doing now. I looked him up and was surprised that Wiki has him going to a school in Devon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Launchbury

I’ve never corrected Wiki, but I’m sure others here have the skill to do so.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Wiki is wrong! Launchbury

Post by jhopgood »

Not sure how it is done, but it must be quite easy. My wife’s cousin confessed to me that he wrote his own, which rather took the gloss off my belief in Wiki.
(https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenio_Trejos_Benavides)
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
harryh
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by harryh »

Katharine wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:36 am Last night I was watching the rugby and wondered what Joe Launchbury was doing now. I looked him up and was surprised that Wiki has him going to a school in Devon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Launchbury

I’ve never corrected Wiki, but I’m sure others here have the skill to do so.
The school named was his prep school.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Surely CH needs a mention too?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Katharine wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 am Surely CH needs a mention too?
Katharine,

The CH mention is there now hopefully.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Mid A 15 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:21 pm
Katharine wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 am Surely CH needs a mention too?
Katharine,

The CH mention is there now hopefully.
Thanks!
Straz
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Straz »

Glad that the Wikipedia error seems to have been sorted.
For a moment there I thought we were going to be entering Taio Cruz territory... :wink:

https://www.chforum.info/php/viewtopic.php?t=4150
Paul Strange
Leigh Hunt A 1969-71
Peele A 71-75
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

He has fallen on his feet since Wasps collapsed and been snapped up by Harlequins. Smith, Dombrandt, Care, Louis Lynagh, Joe Marler. You couldn't have picked a better team Joe. You would know I was a Quins fan wouldn't you.
The Gallagher Premiership has seen three famous names fall by the wayside: Wasps, Worcester Warriors and London Irish. And even Saracens got demoted a couple of seasons ago for indulging in creative accounting in order to keep their overpaid star players. When the Gallagher went fully professional a few decades ago a few pundits queried whether fully professional club rugby was sustainable. In the end, as with football, it depends on bodies coming through the turnstiles first and foremost. Sponsorship and TV rights follow - not the other way around. Is the product right? It might be if the game could be made more understandable to the floating viewer. I try to understand modern rugby, as opposed to the simplified version that we played at CH in the 1950s when my putting the ball into the scrum crooked would have resulted in the whistle blowing and when some silly tit didn't have the time to collapse the scrum. Anyway, good luck to Joe. I'm sure he understands the Byzantine rules.
harryh
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by harryh »

rockfreak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:22 pm He has fallen on his feet since Wasps collapsed and been snapped up by Harlequins. Smith, Dombrandt, Care, Louis Lynagh, Joe Marler. You couldn't have picked a better team Joe. You would know I was a Quins fan wouldn't you.
The Gallagher Premiership has seen three famous names fall by the wayside: Wasps, Worcester Warriors and London Irish. And even Saracens got demoted a couple of seasons ago for indulging in creative accounting in order to keep their overpaid star players. When the Gallagher went fully professional a few decades ago a few pundits queried whether fully professional club rugby was sustainable. In the end, as with football, it depends on bodies coming through the turnstiles first and foremost. Sponsorship and TV rights follow - not the other way around. Is the product right? It might be if the game could be made more understandable to the floating viewer. I try to understand modern rugby, as opposed to the simplified version that we played at CH in the 1950s when my putting the ball into the scrum crooked would have resulted in the whistle blowing and when some silly tit didn't have the time to collapse the scrum. Anyway, good luck to Joe. I'm sure he understands the Byzantine rules.
He is also playing alongside another Old Blue, Lennox Anyanwu.