rugby shirt

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

rugby shirt

Post by Tim »

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whereabouts I could get hold of (i.e. buy) a CH rugby shirt, the sort that is currently in use. I have my very old-skool (literally, I guess) one from the 80s/early 90s that I still use for training today but it would be fun to have a current one if it has a crest or something like that on it.

Cheers
Tim

P.S. it may come as a surprise to some that I am playing rugby. Well, I have been playing again for a few years now, for Finchley RFC and enjoying it a lot :)
Tim Benjamin
PeB: 87-90 :)
PeA: 90-91 :(
MidB: 91-93 :D
http://www.timbenjamin.com
Clements Theory: http://www.clementstheory.com - E-learn music theory!
Study guides and thousands of practice questions for Associated Board Grade 5 Theory
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: rugby shirt

Post by onewestguncopse »

Contact Sean Davey direct at the school
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

If Sean can supply a shirt to individuals, I wonder if he could supply to the CHA in order to sell from the CHA website? We could have a long lead-time, to avoid holding stock???
I'd be interested in one...and could be a revenue generator for the school.

I've also always fancied a standard CH shirt for lounging around the house in - never managed to source one though....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Totally agree - I think they're missing a very big trick - or income stream - given that we didn't own our uniforms, the number of school badges, rugby shirts etc that old blues from both locations would have bought over the years would be immense - along with the christmas cards - is that really the best view of Hertford that could be conjured? Took me about 10minutes to work out where it was supposed to be at the old site!!
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

gma wrote: is that really the best view of Hertford that could be conjured? Took me about 10minutes to work out where it was supposed to be at the old site!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Thank you Katharine!!

It was the staff houses wasn't it? Obviously of huge relevance to us!!
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Re CH Rugby Shirts --- I would certainly buy one !
I'll add it to my collection -- which includes South Afica, Ireland and 2 Inf. Division. (I had better admit that I didn't PLAYfor S. Africa, only lived there for 5 years and played there, until I was 40.) --- had to stop -- couldn't recover from the knocks -- Whatever happened to Wintergreen Oil ?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Re. Christmas Cards - if you have a suitable image for next year, do send it to Michelle at the CHA (manager@chassociation.org) - I'm not sure what the source is for photos/drawings etc, but if you know of one which could be used, that'd be great.
Unfortunately the CHA can only use what it has, or can source - this is the same for The Old Blue. So if you have content, it's always gratefully received...
J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Muggle
2nd Former

Post by Muggle »

Rugby shirts and all CH uniform can be bought from the nominated school supplier. However, I'm not sure if the shop is for parents use only. I can't really see why OBs could not purchase from them but would appreciate confirmation from a moderator before causing any problem by putting the web-site up.
The rugby shirts are reversible, but plain. I think you can buy CH badges if you are handy with a needle.
The House rugby shirts do have a logo of a lion, but again not a CH crest.
Sorry if this sounds wimpy! But I'd rather be reassured that it's ok. :?
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Muggle wrote:Rugby shirts and all CH uniform can be bought from the nominated school supplier. However, I'm not sure if the shop is for parents use only. I can't really see why OBs could not purchase from them but would appreciate confirmation from a moderator before causing any problem by putting the web-site up.
The rugby shirts are reversible, but plain. I think you can buy CH badges if you are handy with a needle.
The House rugby shirts do have a logo of a lion, but again not a CH crest.
Sorry if this sounds wimpy! But I'd rather be reassured that it's ok. :?
Just looked on the Broadbridges site (official suppliers to CH) to discover that they do not do a Barnes B rugby shirt and all the others are
Lamb A Rugby Shirt
Lamb B Rugby Shirt
Maine Rugby Shirt
Middleton Rugby Shirt
Peele Rugby Shirt

What about the rest and why have Lamb got 2 shirts whilst the others are a joint effort?

They also do fooball hose, which must be a new game, something like hearty ball I suppose.

You can buy on the internet so I can's see that there would be a problem.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Muggle
2nd Former

Post by Muggle »

Thanks, quess it's not such a secret then! :)

Barnes do have hockey shirts - have they changed? As for football hose, if you have the pleasure to visit this quaint menswear emporium you'll understand. Proper service with a 'thank you madam' :D

Don't know why Lamb have two, I do know that the Lamb B one is very fetching with gold and red banded shoulders, or should I refer to a rugby shirt as 'fetching'?!

So guys, you can happily walk around in your shirts reviving pleasant old memories (hopefully)
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I have only just returned to this Topic ----
I am very interested in buying a CH Blazer Badge, --- I was denied one, during the War (For obvoius reasons), when I was awarded School Shooting Colours, it should have been with crossed rifles --very fetching !
I also, never got my Prize, awarded for what is now RE. We were given pieces of paper, for redemption "After the War "
------ I imagine it is slightly too late to remind the School now ! !
However, a new badge for my Blazer (Sans Rifles !) would be nice.
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote: I also, never got my Prize, awarded for what is now RE. We were given pieces of paper, for redemption "After the War "
------ I imagine it is slightly too late to remind the School now ! !
I suppose there's no harm trying!
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9