After hours

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

cj
Button Grecian

After hours

Post by cj »

So now that Retreat and the Leaving Service are done for another year and pupils are enjoying (an extra 2 weeks!) holiday, what will happen on site over the summer while the place is devoid of the little darlings? I expect there to be a lot of preparations for Gemma's permanent arrival in September. The last time I went to CH was during the summer hols (maybe 6 years ago?) while we were visiting family in Hove. There were some people wandering around who sounded as though they were on a conference. (Thinking that it was extremely unlikely to run into anyone who might have known me, we went into the music school and bumped into Joe Sillett, who recognised my disembodied self (I was round a corner) by my voice. And a bottle of gin fell out of the car under the Octagon. Major crisis. I think it was Bombay Sapphire too which made the whole experience much more upsetting.)
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Well, in the good old days (well when I lived at CH) CHE used to run a lot of things on site, and there was PGL (boo hiss) and Greek dancers and weddings and conferences and all sorts keeping the place busy... however, since the demise, I don't think much happens in the holidays now...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

Great Plum wrote:Well, in the good old days (well when I lived at CH) CHE used to run a lot of things on site, and there was PGL (boo hiss) and Greek dancers and weddings and conferences and all sorts keeping the place busy... however, since the demise, I don't think much happens in the holidays now...
As i used to live locally I sometimes sneaked on site in the holidays and generally very little happened other than in the theatre (Horsham had no theatre at the time so CH got all the events)

Most notably 1987 when I taught my now deceased step-brother how to ride his motorbike properley. I used the mile for clutch practice and was then chased by various estate staff/masters. They thought we were connected so some people who had appently driven a car across the first 11 wicket a few days previously. Strangely about 10 years later my 1/2 brother took his similar bike back to CH just after his A-Levels and a member of security cut off it's plug cap to stop him riding it, thus leaving it immobilised outside the club for a few days.
Ash
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Ash »

Hehe - we went up to CH in the Hols once... Got chased by Keeley, shouting his head off.... ;)
MAINE A/B 1981 - 1986

BRING BACK BAKER