underwear

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Jo
Button Grecian

Re: underwear

Post by Jo »

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:
Have I not posted the photograph of various members of 6s modelling items of school uniform, including a nightie and pjs?
I don't think I've seen either of those - would love a look if you get time to upload them :lol: :lol:
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

J.R. wrote:
CHAZ wrote:JR

I never got to the bottom of your reference to sheets as being nice...cf my entry here about 10 back.
Just trying to clear up!
Lets just say that many, many, many years ago, I knew a young lady who had black satin sheets on HER bed.

Great for night time sporting activity, but somewhat useless for sleeping.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Hot hot, JR! Not nights in white satin but black...interesting...tell u smore :oops:

Funny how this thread has exploded in the last few weeks...must be summertime!!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

CHAZ wrote:
J.R. wrote:
CHAZ wrote:JR

I never got to the bottom of your reference to sheets as being nice...cf my entry here about 10 back.
Just trying to clear up!
Lets just say that many, many, many years ago, I knew a young lady who had black satin sheets on HER bed.

Great for night time sporting activity, but somewhat useless for sleeping.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Hot hot, JR! Not nights in white satin but black...interesting...tell u smore :oops:

Funny how this thread has exploded in the last few weeks...must be summertime!!
When waas summer? I must have missed it!
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Maggie. CHAZ is in Luxembourg they might have our Summer there!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Satin sheets are very slippery !

END OF !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Excellent JR. You made me laugh :lol:

For all Forum readers...satin sheets are a no no then as tried and disapproved by the venerable JR!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I haven't seen black satin sheets since those happy days of wandering around Biba in Kensington High Street!

No, I didn't buy any - thus contributing to the eventual closing down of the place! :cry:

Biba! Such a fabulous mail-order catalogue! I used to carry a copy concealed in my school books and have a browse in the Library when CH life and uniform seemed on the dreary side.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Half listening to the radio - some team in Beijing in some competition were nearly disqualified as their underwear did not match their shorts - brought back a school memory. My patrol, the Kingfishers, had reached the final of a county competition. At this time, in the Guide handbook it said that Girl Guides should wear navy knickers under their uniform. We were inspected for our uniform by busybodies - which included making us all touch our toes so that they could see our knickers. :roll: :roll: I'm glad to say that the Kingfishers of the 1st Christ's Hospital Girl Guide Company were the ONLY patrol to score full marks for our knickers that day! We did not win overall but were in the top three and the top for our Division, and yes I was its leader at the time!

Later I had to go to receive a shield for our efforts that day from somewhere in Hertford, walking back through the town we learnt that the President of the USA had been assassinated. It was the very last time I ever wore Guide uniform!
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

So you weren't in Prep like those of us in the years behind you, when we learned of President Kennedy's assassination? That's an interesting observation...... I recall that my year was in Prep in the ?Lower or ?Upper Fifth. Miss Richards (SWWNBM elsewhere on this Forum) came by the front of the School Block, jumped up, banged on the window, and gave us the news. It is said that for everyone the death of President Kennedy is a fixed memory point (also the case when they heard about 9/11). I remember that evening, vividly (and I remember when and where I was when I heard about 9/11 and the London bombings......)
(think we have moved this thread away from underwear! Congratulations on getting your Guide troupe to wear navy knickers, Katharine. Some of them might have been a bit faded and then could not have been classified as 'navy blue'..)
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

I think we did actually talk about our blues (Knickers) before the competition and agreed that we all had them on!

You would have been UV Kerren, as I was LVI then.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

November 1963, and I can remember it vividly.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

I remember Friday 22 November 1963 when J F Kennedy was assassinated as I was run over by a car on the same day but fortunately for me, if not for others, not seriously injured other than a badly bruised foot and shock.

A policeman turned up at our house to take a statement from me and just as my father was about to turn the TV off a newsflash came through saying that JFK had been shot and seriously wounded. My parents and the PC then started talking about the implications when a second newsflash announced that the President was dead.

The policeman eventually remembered why he was in the house in the first place and took my statement!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

For those who may have missed the link to the pyjama photo, I've corrected the link and it now displays in-line in the post, and here:-
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

Sorry, going back a few pages but Morleys... I had totally forgotten that name but not the underwear, horrible horrible things. Also known for a short time as tea -bags.
Barnes B / Mid A
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

adlop wrote:Also known for a short time as tea -bags.
I won't ask why :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41