Photos associated with Middleton house

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Middleton House Photos

Post by jtaylor »

Middleton A, Summer 1969

Click on image for larger version....

Back Row (Left to Right) Gleeson, Culliford S, Shawyer, Connearn D, Morris, Wintle C;

4th Row (Left to Right) Eldridge C, Keyes S, Pentland, Wilson, Vergano, Wintle M, Farrell, Strange G, Arbon R;

3rd Row (Left to Right) Digby, Moss E, Dearsley, Cressall, Siddall, Coker, Riseborough, Durrant C, Hopgood R, Minter;

2nd Row (Left to right) Tweed, Williams S, Bright, Charlton (Housecaptain), Mr PF Higgins (Junior Housemaster), Mr RJ Lorimer (Housemaster), Miss J Rawson (Matron), Mr KL Stratton (Junior Housemaster), Shepheard-Walwyn T, Foster, Milligan, Hambrook;

Front Row (Left to Right) De Walden, Nicholson, Harrod M, Clark D, Turner, Miller J, Miller A, Moss R, Miley, Martin R;
Last edited by jtaylor on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Mid B Summer 1985

Post by srcudlipp »

Click on image for larger version:-

Front row (Squits) left to right:
Simon Parsons, Sam Wilcox, Nat Spring, Doug Rawlings, Ollie Richardson, Chris Knibbs, Christian Whitley, Will Shalcross, Alex Selby-Boothroyd, Martin Pyne, Alex Wynn-Green, Stuart Cudlipp (me!), Danny Fisher, Charlie Lemon, Henry Young and Ben Todd.

I don't remember enough of the other names to add them all, and don't want to upset the people I leave out. But if anyone wants to send me a list then I'm happy to add to this.

The masters are Mr O'Boyle, Matron, Mr Sutcliffe & Miss Lindsey

Oh - and if anyone is wondering what a girlie is doing in the middle of the Mid B house photo of 1984/85 then that's Sidonia Porteus. Her dad was the chaplain at the time, and we were lucky enough to have her in our house (every 11 year olds dream come true)
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Rest of the names

Post by adlop »

Ok here goes.... think I've got all these right, though the spelling may be out....

Back row L-R
Robert Harwood Matthews;Maxim Ratcliffe;Donald Allright;Richard Lockwood;Titus Hill;Duncan Emerson;Matt Dyer;Charlie Field;Richard Ayers;Tim Bevan;Adam Lopardo;Jono Cole;Kim Willcocks;Craig Steger Lewis;

2nd row from back L-R
Hugh Dalrymple;Robin Dowsett;Robert Harrigan;Phil Berry;Matt Cribb;Rupert McPetrie;Richard Slater;Martin Densham;Andy Gordon;Tim Binnington;Jeremy White;Jo Churcher;Billy Barrs;Rupert Ault;Ian Ensum

3rd Row from back L-R
Peregrine Rand;Dom Maguire;is it Taffy? I can't remember your real name!;Ian Welch;Bruce Macgowan;Boyle;Matron;Sutcliffe;Lindsay;Andy Hood;Sidonia Porteous;Glenn ??Ford???;Tudor Jennings

Really sorry to the one person whose real name I just can't remember though I know I know it....

what an awful photo....
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Re: Rest of the names

Post by srcudlipp »

Cheers Adam (I'm guessing it's you?)

That's bad - 50 people named and shamed, and one poor sod who neither of us can remember his name. I have an excuse as it was my second form and he was three years above me - come on, someone fill in the blank......who is the guy next to Dom on the second row?????
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

yep it's me.

How you doing, suppose I haven't seen you for ooooh 15 years? I was down sarf last week, you still there?

As for the missing person, I think it was Robert Griffiths...so job done....
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

adlop wrote:yep it's me.

How you doing, suppose I haven't seen you for ooooh 15 years? I was down sarf last week, you still there?

As for the missing person, I think it was Robert Griffiths...so job done....
Taffy Griffiths - now I remember!
I'm doing good thanks. It's now 16 years! Still in Rustington, just round corner to your old house.
How's life in Geordieland - you still working in Theatre?
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

Kind of still working in the arts in general. I run an organisation up here that trys to get businesses to put money into the arts and get the arts to act more business like as well as offer services to businesses.

Newcastle and the north east in general is great, can't reccomend it enough.
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Well i finally find time at lunch to respond - what the ****was I doing in that photo to look such an idiot - please someone get a better pic and stick it on the photo!!

Noticed that Alex S-B and Will are using the same photo on their band website, even though the concept of CH Rock/Pop bands can no longer be discussed in public due to Channel 4 - is Titus working for RDF media me thinks?

I might get round to leaving some other messages now!

Craig
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

mmmm, it IS a bad photo for all of us but your face is...interesting.... Tudor isn't looking too good either...

but more than that CHRIST ON A BIKE, Craig, how you doing? I haven't seen you since, erm...that party in london in about 1994, seem to remember sleeping in your MG....

as for Rock School, we were so much better.....all together now IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Liberate I I Liberate I LIBERATE......
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

cstegerlewis wrote:Well i finally find time at lunch to respond - what the ****was I doing in that photo to look such an idiot - please someone get a better pic and stick it on the photo!!

Noticed that Alex S-B and Will are using the same photo on their band website, even though the concept of CH Rock/Pop bands can no longer be discussed in public due to Channel 4 - is Titus working for RDF media me thinks?

Craig
Craig - I've got the following years photo too, but trust me it's no better. Looks like you were busting to go somewhere in a hurry :oops:

Stu
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

adlop wrote:
as for Rock School, we were so much better.....all together now IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Liberate I I Liberate I LIBERATE......
Oh what happy days, although for the life of me I can't remember the band names. Somewhere I do have a photo of us playing at a House Party with a couple of the Col A girls, Jay and (b****r, another name escapes me......was it Alice or Hannah, although I think Hannah was too young).

Anyway, I am good, taking the corporate dollar for an american Aerospace firm, still not married, but Jenny and I have been together 16 years this November , and now have 2 kids (Fitz, 3 and a half, Anya 18 months).

I noticed on my occasional forays on the web that you were up in the NE, I occasionally get up there on business but it tends to be on one of uncle stelios' orange sky buses, so I don't get much spare time.

As always, best intentions to get in touch never quite materialise, although it may be interesting to do the 20 year reunion back at CH in a few years.

I must now go and leave a note on the DNP reminiscences!
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

cstegerlewis wrote:Oh what happy days, although for the life of me I can't remember the band names.
Gus Honeybun's Magic Birthday Club or House at Pooh Corner were the names.....I still have the tapes!!!
cstegerlewis wrote: Somewhere I do have a photo of us playing at a House Party with a couple of the Col A girls, Jay ******, another name escapes me......was it Alice or Hannah, although I think Hannah was too young).
Jay Kirkwood and it was Alice.....

As for getting in touch I'll PM you my e-mail. Be good to catch up.
mrhenry
2nd Former

Post by mrhenry »

Stu, great picture. Can you post the one for the following year too? - Henry

srcudlipp wrote:
cstegerlewis wrote:Well i finally find time at lunch to respond - what the ****was I doing in that photo to look such an idiot - please someone get a better pic and stick it on the photo!!

Craig
Craig - I've got the following years photo too, but trust me it's no better. Looks like you were busting to go somewhere in a hurry :oops:

Stu
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

mrhenry wrote:Stu, great picture. Can you post the one for the following year too? - Henry
Sure can, I'll dust it off and scan it in soon. Is that Henry Young, or another Henry?
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Middleton House Photos

Post by jhopgood »

Middleton A, Summer 1969

Back Row (Left to Right) Gleeson, Culliford S, Shawyer, Connearn D, Morris, Wintle C;

4th Row (Left to Right) Eldridge C, Keyes S, Pentland, Wilson, Vergano, Wintle M, Farrell, Strange G, Arbon R;

3rd Row (Left to Right) Digby, Moss E, Dearsley, Cressall, Siddall, Coker, Riseborough, Durrant C, Hopgood R, Minter;

2nd Row (Left to right) Tweed, Williams S, Bright, Charlton (Housecaptain), Mr PF Higgins (Junior Housemaster), Mr RJ Lorimer (Housemaster), Miss J Rawson (Matron), Mr KL Stratton (Junior Housemaster), Shepheard-Walwyn T, Foster, Milligan, Hambrook;

Front Row (Left to Right) De Walden, Nicholson, Harrod M, Clark D, Turner, Miller J, Miller A, Moss R, Miley, Martin R;[/quote]
Amazing, I can't even recognise my brother, who is now, and I thought was then, bespectacled.
Other ex Barnes B is Dearsley, of cricketing fame.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)