Extreme Cello - Four Peaks Challenge...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

jfdawson
2nd Former

Extreme Cello - Four Peaks Challenge...

Post by jfdawson »

Hi everyone,

It's been a few months since I was last on here, but I know this provoked a lot of interest the last time I mentioned it!

As some of you will remember, I play in a trio called "The Extreme Cellists" - who play cellos in unusual locations for good causes. This summer the we will be undertaking their most physically demanding venture to date – the Four Peaks Challenge. This will involve climbing the tallest mountains in Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland, with cellos, and giving a performance at the top of each. That’s a total of around 15,000 feet to be climbed. Yes, we’re aware that we’re mad...

The challenge will be starting on Monday 21 July with the ascent of Ben Nevis, followed by Scafell Pike on 24 July, Snowdon on 27 July and Carrauntoohil on 30 July. (If anyone feels inclined - no pun intented - to join us on any of these mountains, you would be more than welcome! Full details of our starting points and routes are here).

As with most of our previous challenges, we’re trying to raise money for charity whilst doing this. Two years ago we raised over £5,000 for Aspire and Shelter with our Cathedral Roof Tour: this year we’re trying to double that, as we raise money for Aspire (again) and Mountain Rescue. You may already be aware from our previous activities of the fabulous work Aspire does for people with spinal injuries; the choice of Mountain Rescue seemed obvious for this year’s challenge (although we hope we don’t need them!). If you feel inclined to sponsor us, we’d be absolutely delighted: full details are here, with direct links to Justgiving sites at the end of this post (these will add 28% to your donation if you’re a UK taxpayer).

For those of you in the UK, you may also see us making some media appearances, including national TV, at some point... we’re due to be on Five News sometime this week (and during the challenge), and we’ve got an appearance booked on BBC Breakfast on Friday 18 July... doubtless there will be more too, so keep an eye out!

Cheers!
Jeremy

Main web site
Donations page for Aspire
Donations page for Mountain Rescue
Jeremy Dawson
Lamb B/A 1987-94
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: Extreme Cello - Four Peaks Challenge...

Post by Great Plum »

Good luck Jeremy...

wouldn't extreme piccolo playing be easier?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99