Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

rockfreak
Grecian

Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Post by rockfreak »

Yesterday I turned 80. The day before, Mick Jagger (and Katherine's brother P Hills), turned 80. What have we learned? Well I'm surprised that the private schools and the boarding schools are still with us. When John Le Carre ran away from Sherborne during the war he said that he thought that after the war we'd have a one-tier system like other countries have. Well we haven't, and doubtless people on this site will have their own ideas as to whether this has worked out well for us or not.

In the meantime I don't really have any comment to make about my own life, except perhaps the words of the Grateful Dead: "What a long strange trip it's been."
Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: Freaky returns to Sussex (by the sea)

Post by Katharine »

I’d forgotten that you are a day younger than Peter! Hope you could celebrate.

I think he might agree with your opinion, but for different reasons!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

rockfreak wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:20 pm Yesterday I turned 80. The day before, Mick Jagger (and Katherine's brother P Hills), turned 80.

In the meantime I don't really have any comment to make about my own life, except perhaps the words of the Grateful Dead: "What a long strange trip it's been."
So I beat you by a month -when one thinks back to when we were young peeps got the gold watch at 65 and the coffin 6 months later. As for your "strange trip" I don't divulge much because too many facets were unbelievable. Try being sent on a one week course to learn about brandies when I was still at CH!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

The Freakster has made it to eighty,
An age that appears quite weighty.
He survived it at Housey
Where the food was quite lousy
But wouldn't go back again matey.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

An English friend in the Spanish village where I have a house, has just celebrated his 80th last weekend by inviting friends and family to a meal and music in the village square. That was followed up by a hangover breakfast next day and drinks and music in the swimming pool bar that evening.
He claims it won hands down over a similar celebration in his home town of Cheltenham.
I hope you were able to celebrate.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)