Railway engine Schools Class

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Kit Bartlett
Deputy Grecian

Railway engine Schools Class

Post by Kit Bartlett »

Whatever happened to the name plate of the above locomotive? Was it given to the School when the engine was presumably scrapped ? I remember that the engine number was 915 and that there used to be a photograph of it in the Preparatory School Block.
I believe it was used on the Kent Coast services and saw it once at Waterloo East station.
On another topic related to railways in general how much is Ian Allan, son of the CH Clerk G.A.T.Allan, still involved with the school?
He was educated at St, Paul's School and joined the Southern Railway in 1939. He is a Governor and Almoner of CH and of course has done great things in the publishing world having being involved with many CH publications.
During the 2nd World War he lived at East Lodge with his parents. I remember him once attending a meeting of the CH Railway Club
in the Science Lecture Theatre. Does this club still exist?
Chris Bartlett
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Railway engine Schools Class

Post by jhopgood »

Kit Bartlett wrote:On another topic related to railways in general how much is Ian Allan, son of the CH Clerk G.A.T.Allan, still involved with the school?
He was educated at St, Paul's School and joined the Southern Railway in 1939. He is a Governor and Almoner of CH and of course has done great things in the publishing world having being involved with many CH publications.Chris Bartlett
Received last month from Ian Allan

Unfortunately Ian Allan Printing will cease trading at the end of July so we will be unable to print the next Old Blue.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

OOh dear.... after all these years
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
2nd Former

Post by 30913 »

One of the nameplates was on the wall of the model railway room which used to be just behind the Scout's Hut - the number was 913 pre nationalisation with Southern, then 30913 post nationalisation. Am now off in search of a life.....
Oliver Brelsford
2nd Former

Post by Oliver Brelsford »

I'd like to confirm as a current Blue that it is currently in the Museum at school, next to the work-in-progress model of the station.
Lamb B, UF, 2019-