REMOVAL OF CHOBA MEMBERSHIP

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Avon
Deputy Grecian

Re: REMOVAL OF CHOBA MEMBERSHIP

Post by Avon »

OK - so whilst we work out how much of a **** Sillett was, can Poulton be binned from CHOBA? Actions speak louder...
Molesworth 2
2nd Former

Post by Molesworth 2 »

Avon wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am OK - so whilst we work out how much of a **** Sillett was, can Poulton be binned from CHOBA? Actions speak louder...
Completely agree- he showed himself to be utterly spineless.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Ironically, I was tentatively 'approached' a few days ago with regard to possibly joining the masons.

My response along the lines of not wishing to roll one trouser leg up, wear a freshly laundered pinny whilst having a knife held near my throat didn't impress.

I mean - Kinky, or what ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CodFlabAndMuck
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by CodFlabAndMuck »

LHA wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:42 pm
graham wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Molesworth 2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:22 pm

I find it hard to believe that someone, with connections in the Masons (which has a reputation of being stuffed with Police) would not know that an underage victim of a sex crime would never (to my limited knowledge) be named in the press. Perhaps if the unholy trinity of Sillett, Poulton and Cairncross had actually bothered to report the matter to Police, the Police could have confirmed whether this was correct to the victim herself.
I find it hard to believe too, and the most parsimonious explanation is that this was an attempt to silence the victim and keep it all in-house. But the quote is not enough to go on alone - it's too ambiguous. It is sufficient to establish that the SMT handled this extremely poorly. Whether it it implicates Sillet in the cover-up, I don't know.

Robert seems to have more information however. Robert, I offer you my deepest respect for the work you are doing to get to the bottom of this long term problem.
Sillett's connections aren't really that great. His daughter was a corrupt police office who was jailed for fraud. Her ex husand but current business partner was a police officer who was not convicted of fraud but dismissed for gross misconduct.

Her linked in profile doesn't mention her time in the Police, or in prison.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanya-sillett-b3048a13/

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 8/officers

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... es-7797089
This mud slinging is unnecessary and malicious.

Why drag family members into this?

Totally irrelevant.

People make mistakes, let them get on with their lives
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Irrelevant ? Possibly.

Mud slinging ? Hardly. All fact.

The woman in question was a senior police officer, and what we used to call a bl00dy rotten apple and a total disgrace to her profession.

I could go a lot further but feel it would be counter productive.
CodFlabAndMuck
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by CodFlabAndMuck »

J.R. wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:55 pm Irrelevant ? Possibly.

Mud slinging ? Hardly. All fact.

The woman in question was a senior police officer, and what we used to call a bl00dy rotten apple and a total disgrace to her profession.

I could go a lot further but feel it would be counter productive.
She's also a talented pianist and arranger.

The thread is about removal of CHOBA membership under paragraph whatever, related to abuse of a child.

This whole section is about child abuse, so I reiterate, bringing fraud into it is irrelevant and in my view spiteful to those referenced
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

NO COMMENT !!

Oh, hang on. Like father, like....
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Post by LHA »

I posted this as Sillett is silent about the decades of abuse at CH, and his continuing positioning of himself as a respectable, establishment figure, with his gong from the palace etc. Tanya Sillett also briefly taught at CH, no doubt offered the position due to being Sillett's daughter.
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

Passing comments on Mr Sillett is fair enough, but mud-slinging at his daughter is not. This forum is about C.H., Old Blues and the teaching staff. So, whatever this woman has done is of NO concern to us, even if she spent a very short time at C.H. I suggest that a degree of moderation is required.
David :shock:
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Post by LHA »

Foureyes wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 pm Passing comments on Mr Sillett is fair enough, but mud-slinging at his daughter is not. This forum is about C.H., Old Blues and the teaching staff. So, whatever this woman has done is of NO concern to us, even if she spent a very short time at C.H. I suggest that a degree of moderation is required.
All the information posted is in the public domain.
bakunin
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by bakunin »

I think it's highly relevant, because she probably learnt her attitude from her father. Membership in the Freemasons in itself is evidence (not proof) of a certain attitude to power, i.e. a secretive and corrupt approach. The masons are the main vehicle of police corruption and are constantly involved in cover ups and scandals.
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

I do not seem to be making myself clear.
This thread (which I started, by the way) is about removing membership from CHOBA members who were involved in child abuse at the school. As far as I am aware, this woman is not a member of CHOBA and was not involved in any way with child abuse at C.H. Yes, what she did is in the public domain, but my point is that this had nothing to do with C.H. nor with child abuse, so this is not the place to discuss it.
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Post by LHA »

Foureyes wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:37 pm I do not seem to be making myself clear.
This thread (which I started, by the way) is about removing membership from CHOBA members who were involved in child abuse at the school. As far as I am aware, this woman is not a member of CHOBA and was not involved in any way with child abuse at C.H. Yes, what she did is in the public domain, but my point is that this had nothing to do with C.H. nor with child abuse, so this is not the place to discuss it.
A reasonable enough view, but there's a contrary view too. I won't prolong off topic discussion and will let others decide if the information is relevant or not
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Tanya was a non-foundationer at the school for 4years, at the time of the merger, and therefore is entitled to be a member of CHOBA, whether her sentence changed that I have no idea

EDIT in fact IIRC she got her buttons as House Captain of BaB (but could have been BaA)
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

Pretty sure 2 years not 4 as she started in her deps one of the first 3 girls the year before the merger with Sarah Jeffers & Sidonia Porteus, her sister Kate did 4 years but started the following year i think.