Adverts...please not this

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Martin Hayman
2nd Former

Adverts...please not this

Post by Martin Hayman »

As a noob to this forum, I see one is encouraged to click on the ads to support it.

Right below that I see the shout-out 'Date a Filipino woman!'

Bit of quality control needed here, I would say.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: Adverts...please not this

Post by jtaylor »

Unfortunately we can’t control the links that get displayed, but the adverts delivered are usually linked to the visitor’s browsing history on other sites, which targets ads at them for similar things ?! (I’m not casting aspersions, but!!)

Seriously though - the adverts bring in literally sub £20 per year....so if we could encourage more donations from visitors (only where they can afford it) that that’s be amazing, and I’d drop the ads altogether.....thus no more dodgy dating ads?! Currently around 4 to 5 people donate max each year....and that’s usually the same people...

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Martin Hayman
2nd Former

Post by Martin Hayman »

jtaylor wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 pm Unfortunately we can’t control the links that get displayed, but the adverts delivered are usually linked to the visitor’s browsing history on other sites, which targets ads at them for similar things ?! (I’m not casting aspersions, but!!)
J
Ha, touché! One brings one's own baggage apparently. Happy to report 32 years' record of marriage with no covert resort to Tinder. Though I do like the Filipina checkout person at my local Sainsbury's, with whom I had a brief discussion lately of piracy in the Zamboanga quasi-autonomous region.

I should have liked to express my gratitude in the 'favourite teacher' thread to the elderly Manual School master who taught me how to set out joinery and run an orderly workshop, a lifelong skill. But it is far away and long ago, and who now will recall his name?

I hear what you say about donations.

MWH
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

My rule of thumb is don't click on any ads, or indeed anything you don't actually, vitally, chronically need. On any site. Anywhere. Otherwise your email box will be deluged with Filipino women, Russian brides, penis enlargement, double glazing, Bitcoin, more Russian brides, more penis enlargement, and lots more.