Happy Birthday Freaky !!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Happy Birthday Freaky !!!!

Post by J.R. »

David Redshaw is 74 today.

Have a great day, David !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Re: Happy Birthday Freaky !!!!

Post by Avon »

Interestingly, 74 is the age at which you are legally required to stop writing conceited and broken-brained letters to the newspapers.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Give some examples of my broken brained letters and I'll try and engage. Thanks for the good wishes JR. Your old mates in the Bill came to our rescue two weeks ago, My middle daughter was getting married to her long-time girlfriend. She and two bridesmaids were staying overnight at an apartment on the fringes of Colchester. When they awoke on the wedding day they found that the army had taken over the field opposite for an open day and there was security everywhere - presumably because of terrorist possibilities. Dressed up and ready to leave they were told by the police that they couldn't get out yet because there were traffic checks in the surrounding roads. Natalie was in shreds by this time so a soldier came over to ask the police if they couldn't perhaps help. They were doubtful about having a spare van but after much consultation they produced one and so daughter and bridesmaids went roaring off and were waved through every roadblock to Colchester town hall. The assembled guests outside were astonished to see the girls decanted out of an Essex Police van. All ended happily and it was a wonderful wedding.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

rockfreak wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:13 pm Give some examples of my broken brained letters and I'll try and engage. Thanks for the good wishes JR. Your old mates in the Bill came to our rescue two weeks ago, My middle daughter was getting married to her long-time girlfriend. She and two bridesmaids were staying overnight at an apartment on the fringes of Colchester. When they awoke on the wedding day they found that the army had taken over the field opposite for an open day and there was security everywhere - presumably because of terrorist possibilities. Dressed up and ready to leave they were told by the police that they couldn't get out yet because there were traffic checks in the surrounding roads. Natalie was in shreds by this time so a soldier came over to ask the police if they couldn't perhaps help. They were doubtful about having a spare van but after much consultation they produced one and so daughter and bridesmaids went roaring off and were waved through every roadblock to Colchester town hall. The assembled guests outside were astonished to see the girls decanted out of an Essex Police van. All ended happily and it was a wonderful wedding.
Nice to see 'Plod' provodong a happy ending.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.