Housey Rap, recent convictions

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

marty
Grecian

Re: Housey Rap, recent convictions

Post by marty »

Avon wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am The bluster of Sillett blundering around a set of recently departed OB in the hazy summer, with his mix of faux-pleading and legal threats was a joy to behold and an absolute vindication of the fact he had been promoted well beyond his abilities.
I'm sure the legal threats were merely copyright related and Mr S was only concerned with ensuring that royalties from the scandalous use of the Foundation Hymn were correctly distributed.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Scazza
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Housey Rap, recent convictions

Post by Scazza »

Avon wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm
Scazza wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 pm ER McCall is down as housemaster of Maine A in my 1985 blue book. I can't find a Patterson.
That’s right. Crud was Ma A. One of reasons Ma A was so wild - those guys went from the incredibly repressive regime of Grimmit to the devil-may-care world of Crud. There were a a few other contrasts - the bullying culture of RDTS to the bemused other-worldliness of JED. Peele was a bit like that - I think Maddren ran a pretty tight ship but the housemaster of Pe. A (whose name escapes me) was more libertarian.
Peele A was Tom Jeffers in my time, lovely bloke but fairly laissez faire attitude until things went wrong, then he'd have a helluva temper. I think Endacotts son was there a couple of years above me.

As for the housey rap conspiracy.... please! Kids will joke about stuff that they see around them. Everyone knew Dobbie was awry, a song doesn't add much more evidence to what is known.

Likewise the Freemason links, probably due to all the links with the guilds and city of London. I haven't seen any Freemason paedophile scandals. I think they're obsessed with power and ceremony, being middle class people locked out of the upper crust power and ritual, so they made up their own drivel to compensate. I think that's why it ultimately appears innocuous under scrutiny.