Coleridge House Photos

Photos associated with Coleridge house

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15362
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Coleridge House Photos

Post by J.R. » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:07 am

Coleridge B, 1962 (?)
Guess which one is me !

Image

After all this time, I can name around 40 per cent.

Incidently, this was the third photo taken,and was the 'pull-a-silly-face' shot, resulting in much punishment !

Any questions, feel free to PM or E-Mailme.

John.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
jtaylor
Forum Administrator
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:32 am
Real Name: Julian Taylor
Location: Wantage, OXON
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 211 times
Contact:

Post by jtaylor » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:31 am

From Old Blues email news:-
A team effort led by Michael Liberman (Col B 51-59) has recovered Col B House Photos covering the period 1952/3 - 1958/9 together with nearly all the names.
These can be found at http://www.oldblues.com/house/col_b.htm
Please let Steve Webb know of any corrections / omissions.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Image
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
http://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:49 pm

Coleridge B in 1977

Image

Pletts, Hodgson, McDaid, Wynn, Seekins, MacDonnell, Board J., O'Neill, Pelly, Richardson

Tremayne, Mitchinson, Hawkesworth, Comer, Russell, Rees, Judson, Board C., Carter, Saunders

Lewis, Gielgud, Stockley, Rowlands, Heath, Southgate, Taylor, Jameson, McLean, Milne

Harrison S., Farquhar-Thomson, Webb, Nicholson, Hailey, Gwilliam, Harrison P., Bing

Newman, Thomas, Robinson A, Hardy, Tandy, Vallance, Robinson A, Maddock

Apologies to anyone misnamed....
Last edited by sport! on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 pm
Real Name: Richard Ruck
Location: Horsham
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Richard Ruck » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:30 pm

Thomas....

That would be Mark Thomas of 'The Mark Thomas Comedy Product', wouldn't it?
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:43 pm

It would indeed.
BaB, ColB 1973-80

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15362
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:03 am

sport! wrote:It would indeed.
Mark Thomas. A great performer.

Didn't he fall out with Channel 4 over one of his programmes ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

AKAP
Grecian
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:36 pm
Real Name: Andrew Palmer
Location: Northumberland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AKAP » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:06 pm

Rupert Farquar-Thomson was the year behind me and therefore would have left in 73. Is the Farquar-Thomson in the picture his brother?
Rupert has changed his name to Rupert Thomson and writes novels "The book of revelation" "dreams of living" and others, he is not complimentary about his time at CH.

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:49 am

AKAP wrote:Rupert Farquar-Thomson was the year behind me and therefore would have left in 73. Is the Farquar-Thomson in the picture his brother?
Rupert has changed his name to Rupert Thomson and writes novels "The book of revelation" "dreams of living" and others, he is not complimentary about his time at CH.
Yes it is his brother and he is on this forum.
BaB, ColB 1973-80

User avatar
Rory
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 am
Real Name: Rory FT
Location: Shanghai
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rory » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 am

Yes I am one of his brothers - although its been a while since we've been in contact. And yes - he has made some rather derogatory remarks about the school in his time. Eat to their own, I suppose.

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:13 am

Rory wrote:Yes I am one of his brothers - although its been a while since we've been in contact. And yes - he has made some rather derogatory remarks about the school in his time. Eat to their own, I suppose.
Hi Rory, was that the one who shaved off his eye-brows? (way ahead of his time!)
BaB, ColB 1973-80

User avatar
Rory
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 am
Real Name: Rory FT
Location: Shanghai
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rory » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:22 am

Hi (I presume its Ian - right??)

No - the one who did that was the other brother - who's in here somewhere...
talking of which - my eldest daughter told me the other day that
ancient egyptians used to shave their eyebrows when their cats
died.....
I wonder if that's why he did it. Maybe he had a cat - or maybe
the school cat (see the other thread) died and he did it out of respect.

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:34 am

hello, yes it's Ian
Rory wrote:Hi (I presume its Ian - right??)

No - the one who did that was the other brother - who's in here somewhere...
talking of which - my eldest daughter told me the other day that
ancient egyptians used to shave their eyebrows when their cats
died.....
I wonder if that's why he did it. Maybe he had a cat - or maybe
the school cat (see the other thread) died and he did it out of respect.
:lol: :lol: very good!
BaB, ColB 1973-80

User avatar
sport!
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:45 am
Location: West Sussex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sport! » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm

Coleridge B 1979

Image

names to follow........sorry it's supersize
BaB, ColB 1973-80

trussell
2nd Former
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:21 am
Location: Sydney
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by trussell » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:12 am

Can anyone put names to the Col B picture? I am 3 on left, back row.
Tim Russell

User avatar
englishangel
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:22 pm
Real Name: Mary Faulkner (Vincett)
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Coleridge House Photos

Post by englishangel » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:19 am

J.R. wrote:Coleridge B, 1962 (?)
Guess which one is me !

Image

After all this time, I can name around 40 per cent.

Incidently, this was the third photo taken,and was the 'pull-a-silly-face' shot, resulting in much punishment !

Any questions, feel free to PM or E-Mailme.

John.
Second row, 4th from the left.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Post Reply