Maine House Photos

Photos associated with Maine house

Moderator: Moderators

AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

I was only in the second form in '65. I don't really intend to add any nicknames I may have been called to the thread (they are best forgotten.)
Probably the only memorable part of my first year was the fact that I had and still have (just in case they read this) two attractive older sisters. Amazing how some of the older boys would talk to me leading up to the parents visit.
There were one or two relationships that developed but I won't name names (just in case they read this).
Anyone else who had older sisters (or who are older sisters) will know that you are sworn to secrecy at a very young age and that to brrak that confidentiality will lead to all sorts of unspeakable retribution.
geoff
2nd Former

Post by geoff »

I am indeed in touch with John Lloyd - we now live 10 minutes walk apart in Greenwich. I'm surprised they let us read Animal Farm to you; but lest anyone think it was all culture, I also remember reading James Bond...

Geoff F
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

geoff wrote:I am indeed in touch with John Lloyd - we now live 10 minutes walk apart in Greenwich. I'm surprised they let us read Animal Farm to you; but lest anyone think it was all culture, I also remember reading James Bond...

Geoff F
I'm pleased to hear that you and John Lloyd are still in contact and trust and hope all is well with you both.

I see you still follow Chelsea. I still support Charlton and am a season ticket holder along with one of my daughters. Does John still follow Bristol Rovers? I never understood that as I remember him being from SE London.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Mid A 15 wrote:
geoff wrote:I am indeed in touch with John Lloyd - we now live 10 minutes walk apart in Greenwich. I'm surprised they let us read Animal Farm to you; but lest anyone think it was all culture, I also remember reading James Bond...

Geoff F
I'm pleased to hear that you and John Lloyd are still in contact and trust and hope all is well with you both.

I see you still follow Chelsea. I still support Charlton and am a season ticket holder along with one of my daughters. Does John still follow Bristol Rovers? I never understood that as I remember him being from SE London.
I'm obviously on the wrong thread but am glad to see that both John and Geoff are still around and that there is another Charlton supporter.
From what I remember, John used to live somewhere near Grove Park station.
I am an international supporter of CAFC and get to the Valley when I can. Maybe all the S E Londoners should get together for a beer sometime.
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

I've got assorted Maine A photos for the late 80's, plus the leavers photo for 1988.

Mind you it is in the roof somewhere and scanners at work are in short supply but I'll see what I can do.

For the rest, I wonder if I can raise some income?

And Vonny - if you are who I think you are then I have some of you somewhere
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

hoob wrote:And Vonny - if you are who I think you are then I have some of you somewhere
:shock: :shock:

Getting worried now!

Just seen who you are :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

And I wouldn't recognise myself either.....
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

You probably wouldn't recognise me to be honest :lol:

Hope life is treating you well

I'd like to see the photos of our year if you fancy a trip up to your loft! :lol:

Still wondering where the pictures of me were taken! :? Hope they are not of the last night when I ended up sleeping in your house in someones study :shock: :lol: (I don't know who's study it was by the way :lol: )
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

Vonny wrote:You probably wouldn't recognise me to be honest :lol:

Hope life is treating you well

I'd like to see the photos of our year if you fancy a trip up to your loft! :lol:

Still wondering where the pictures of me were taken! :? Hope they are not of the last night when I ended up sleeping in your house in someones study :shock: :lol: (I don't know who's study it was by the way :lol: )
I surprised myself by recognising someone from my prep school at work the other day - 25yrs after seeing them last. So you'd be surprised.

I have had a look in the roof but they are not where I thought they were so I feel an excuse to clean the roof out (or the garage), will keep looking....

I know where I was on the last night (and who was there), which study were you in?
Mike
Mab/MaA 1981 - 1988
Why is there so much month left at the end of my money?
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

hoob wrote:I know where I was on the last night (and who was there), which study were you in?
As far as I can remember it was a study facing BaB - I have no idea who's study it was or how I got there :shock:

Where were you on the last night then? And more importantly, who were you with?! :lol:

Hope you find the photos by the way!
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

Well the studies in the old day room were for the Deps - so who knows.

I was in my study, and I think we whould leave it there...... :wink: :?: :!: :!:
Mike
Mab/MaA 1981 - 1988
Why is there so much month left at the end of my money?
Scone Lover
Grecian

Post by Scone Lover »

Maine B Michaelmas Term 1973. Unfortunately I am in this photo but hey you can't have everything.

There is one boy next to Russell Deitch that I seem to have completely missed out and I have no idea who he is now. Has anyone out there got any ideas.
AndrewH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by AndrewH »

Found this (while looking for something else...)

This looks like Maine A around 1970/71. Possibly Parents Day (as I would guess that my father took the picture).
Andrew Harrison
Maine A 1970-73
Lamb A 1973-77
John Knight
Deputy Grecian

Post by John Knight »

Which one is you Andrew? They all look too innocent...
Is that you with the tongue out, or the one slightly out of step?
Have a good Christmas, see you next year.
John.
Prep B 49 / Barnes B 39 - 1946-1952
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

hoob wrote:I've got assorted Maine A photos for the late 80's, plus the leavers photo for 1988.

Mind you it is in the roof somewhere and scanners at work are in short supply but I'll see what I can do.
Haven't seen you on the forum for ages but was wondering - did you ever find these pics?