Lamb House Photos

Photos associated with Lamb house

Moderator: Moderators

jock
2nd Former

Re: Lamb House Photos

Post by jock »

Ouch, that photograph of Lamb B in 1971 takes me back.

I think I might be able to provide a few more names and a couple of guesses.

On the top row, number 7 - I think that's Rodgers.
Number 9 is me - 'Jock' Fairbairn.
On the middle row - it was Stein, I believe, but I was Jock.
Again on the middle row - 7 was Hubband

If I manage to retrieve any more names from deep storage I will pop them up onto the board.

Brian
bap
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by bap »

Noel Erskine: Infamous sitter-on of penguin bashers - lol.

B 13 is Paul someone; directed the house play "Chips with Everything" in about 1974; had the first study on the left as you came out of the dayroom [opposite Sid Warmsley] and was a big fan of Hawkwind, esp. Silver Machine.

Jock - I still owe you for bailing me out when I got caught early morning swimming in the pool; I had borrowed the key from you [without your knowledge] but you didn't let on. What a nice man.

Barry
bap
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by bap »

Correction B11
jock
2nd Former

Post by jock »

I don't remember a key being borrowed, or indeed the incident itself! But there you go.

On the photo: A13 is, I think, Sergeant. B13 is, I believe Johnstone.

I talked briefly to Bob Rae at the previous Old Blue's Day (2009), he was looking fit and well on his, I believe, 80th birthday.
5h17shoveller
3rd Former

Post by 5h17shoveller »

LAMB B 1975 OR 1976 ?

Most of the lads I can remember but not all so HELP me !

Back row : 1: tony price, 2: ? sketchley, 3; peter middleton, 4; ? hillier ,5; rocky warwick , 6; st john napier.

4th row: 1; guy bohane, 2; toby wright ,3; ian swatridge, 4; ? 5; richard mcdonald, 6; simon rougham, 7; c eley 8 ?

3rd row: 1; steve lebutt, 2; ? 3; ? 4; scott engering 5; athur mansuri 6; 7; perry palmer 8: ? 9; dave allen 10; jeremy shields behind 11: steve bartlett.

2nd row: 1; tony hamblin 2; dave fuller 3: domonic fry 4: simon denley 5: ? 6:"rocker" rae 7:dolly o,meara
8: dave berkely 9:quentin brown 10:alex brimmel 11:ian wood

front row: 1: ? shucksmith 2:nick konig 3:york membury 4:alwyn turner 5: ? 6: ? 7: ? hillier 8: ? 9: andy cresswell 10: duncan cresswell

A few names / christian names missing ,please help me fill in the gaps !!

Last edited by 5h17shoveller on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Barnes A 45/ Lamb B 9 71-77
gusgorilla
2nd Former

Post by gusgorilla »

If I remember correctly, this photo was taken in 1977.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Didn't realize Neil Kinnock was housemaster then.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

michael scuffil wrote:Didn't realize Neil Kinnock was housemaster then.
You'll Rae's the roof with comments like that.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Ouch!

One Welshman's as good as another...
Th.B. 27 1955-63
stage crew
2nd Former

Post by stage crew »

Some additions:

Front Row: 3 York Membury, 4 Alwyn Turner
2nd Row: 8 Dave Berkely (House Tutor)
LHA 75-78
La B 78-82
tim walmsley
2nd Former

Post by tim walmsley »

Hi you lamb B ers...

Crikey - fancy seeing this pic of us all !

This was the pic that rocker rae got upset about because steven lloyd ( row A no 3) had his tongue sticking out and it was censored ! He had to pay for it ! I'm the nerd on the back row (A) no 11. As I've just joined this forum I'm shocked at what you lot have been up to - no wonder the country is in such a state!

But to fill in a few names: A 1,2,steven lloyd,charlie fraser,peter everett,11 is me!
row B 4 is steen lagoni,6 is stonhill (?), 13 is dave johnson
row C 11 is peter sibley,
row D 10 is chris comley.(forgive me no. 9 it is matt who was my 'butler' when I was with Clare Wilson- omg)

I've just remembered that for some stupid reason I used to get everybody to sign a list by their name and house number when I was in Lamb B .(even the house masters)I still have most of my ch memorabilia so seems like i will be back with all the names...
TrueBlue
3rd Former

Post by TrueBlue »

Hi Tim, what terrific response. It is extraordinary when reading someones contribution here, because as soon as they give a name, the face immediately springs to mind without needing to look at the photo on the previous page. What a shame it doesn't work the other way round. I am sure that back then it would never have occurred to me that I would get enormous pleasure from just having a name put to a face. What a silly old fart I have become.

I have now updated 1971 photo with all contributions to date.

As the Chair of an Old Blue group now, this evening I was called by a wartime OB, who had received a letter from me (addresses now supplied wonderfully by Margaret W) and they live 150 yards away. Seeing them for coffee next week. But even more remarkably, my list of OBs shows 4 contemporaries of them in this area, so with their permission, I will be able to link them up again (and perhaps introduce them to this forum).
stage crew
2nd Former

Post by stage crew »

gusgorilla wrote:If I remember correctly, this photo was taken in 1977.
I'm guessing it's more likely to be Summer 1976 as the Cresswell twins and others who were in Grecians in 78/79 (the year I entered La B) are sitting on the ground in the front row in the photo implying that they'd be the most junior year of the house (i.e in Upper Fourth).
LHA 75-78
La B 78-82
tim stonhill
2nd Former

Post by tim stonhill »

tim walmsley wrote:Hi you lamb B ers...

Crikey - fancy seeing this pic of us all !

This was the pic that rocker rae got upset about because steven lloyd ( row A no 3) had his tongue sticking out and it was censored ! He had to pay for it ! I'm the nerd on the back row (A) no 11. As I've just joined this forum I'm shocked at what you lot have been up to - no wonder the country is in such a state!

But to fill in a few names: A 1,2,steven lloyd,charlie fraser,peter everett,11 is me!
row B 4 is steen lagoni,6 is stonhill (?), 13 is dave johnson
row C 11 is peter sibley,
row D 10 is chris comley.(forgive me no. 9 it is matt who was my 'butler' when I was with Clare Wilson- omg)

I've just remembered that for some stupid reason I used to get everybody to sign a list by their name and house number when I was in Lamb B .(even the house masters)I still have most of my ch memorabilia so seems like i will be back with all the names...

If anyone has the photos referred to here I'd be keen to see it. For some reason it's missing from the posts. Cheers Tim
tim stonhill
2nd Former

Post by tim stonhill »

TrueBlue wrote:I think this is about 1971 - Lamb B, I'm in it!

From Top Left
A. 1,Bridges?,Steven Lloyd,Charlie Fraser,Peter Everett,Yeomans,Rodgers,Erskine,Jock Fairbairn,10,Tim Walmsley,David Hemy?,Dave Sergeant
B. Campbell.Nigel Hutchins.Paul Brazier. Steen Lagoni.Pickering?.Stonhill,Hubbard,Cooper,Alan Larsen,Parkinson?.Paul?.Langley?.Dave Johnson
C. 1.2.3.4.Dave O'Meara,Bob Rae.7.8.9.Nigel Wood.Paul Sibley
D 1,2,Chadwick,De Mattos?,Cox?,Gelpke,Ian Argyle,8,Paul?,Chris Comley
Thanks for input - every time I go back I remember another!
Updated 24/8/11
I'm guessing this is the same photo??