Lamb House Photos

Photos associated with Lamb house

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

Re: Lamb House Photos

Post by Foureyes »

Friends of Bob Rae may like to know that I received a card from him dated 29 December 2011 in which he reported that he is well, although he had felt somewhat fragile inbefore Christmas. He lives in Horsham and still walks regularly,
David :shock:
LaB 48-55
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Foureyes wrote:Friends of Bob Rae may like to know that I received a card from him dated 29 December 2011 in which he reported that he is well, although he had felt somewhat fragile inbefore Christmas. He lives in Horsham and still walks regularly,
David :shock:
LaB 48-55

I always keep an eye out for him when shopping in Horsham.

I last saw him at the Coleridge B re-union a few years ago.

Aged ? Yes.

Lost his sharp wit ? NEVER !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
cloistersdim
2nd Former

Post by cloistersdim »

I think the disputed photo must Summer 1977. I left in 1976 so recognise many names and many faces. Best wishes to all, and to Bob Rae especially.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Mid A 15 wrote:Agree with Campbell.

I think the chap next to him might be Nigel Hutchins. 2nd from right back row might be David Hemy.

Nigel Wood will be there somewhere. An excellent hockey player as I recall. He had very blond hair but my eyesight and memory are not good enough to find him. He could seated 2nd from right.

John Pickering will be there but, unless I've miscounted your numbering system, I'd say he is the taller chap next to the one you've said is possibly him. To the right as we look at it.

If it is 1971 then I would expect to see a pair of Wansey twins but again I cannot recognise them. Could be my eyes and memory though!

AKAP or Howard H might recognise a few.
More than 4 years on I've looked at this again and I think the Wanseys are in fact C2 and C3. Don't ask me which is which though my eyesight isn't up to it! I could distinguish them in the flesh though when we were at CH.

Jonathan was my nursemaid which helped!

On a sad note at least two included in this photo, Cooper and Hemy, are no longer with us.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
TMF
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by TMF »

Some additions for the '1977' photo...

front row: 1: Paul Collins 3: York Membery 5: Nick Samuel 6: Richard Robinson 7: Nick Hillier 8: Clive Freeman
dondun
2nd Former

Re: LAMB B 1953(?)

Post by dondun »

Foureyes wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:06 pm (Click on the image for larger version)

Just discovered this in my attic. I believe it to have been taken in 1953, but could be out by a year either way. The House Captain is Ian Pitter, which should enable someone to be more precise.
Unfortunately, time has blurred the memory cells, so I will just have a go at the second row from the front, which (left to right) is:
Wells (elder of two); Bamford (?);Purdue: Pitter; Mr TE Archbold (senior Housemaster); Miss Hull (Matron); Mr Barker (junior Housemaster);Miller (William?); Dyball; G-Stevens; Matthews
:shock:
David Taplin has an astonishing memory. On the far right in front row is, I think, Coare.
dondun
2nd Former

Re: LAMB B 1953(?)

Post by dondun »

davidtaplin wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:25 pm Its Summer 1953

Stewart X X Parker Gillespie Young Earl Clarke

Wornell Miller Skinner Hewitt Pearcey Madge Richardson Bates cousins wells Moth

Taplin Swayne Waldrom Chapman Brindley x Harrison Wheatley Hines Cordingly Nisbett

Pitter Bamford Purdue Pitter Archbold Miss Hull Barker Miller Dyball, Gray-Stephens Matthews

Thomas Williams Cordingly J Levy Harris Showan Sharp Duncan Archer Johnson x
What a memory. I think far right front row is Coare.
Florida Blue
2nd Former

Post by Florida Blue »

The "X" in the back row next to Stewart is my brother Richard Wells (known as "Bodge" to the "Uncle" Kirby group). He left in 1952 to join the Merchant Navy (note the RMS plate on his left shoulder) after a course at the Outward Bound School so the photo is not 1953. The "X" next to him is "Bunny" Burnside. I was in Maine B at the time thus avoiding the presence of four bods by the name of Wells in the same place at the same time. The other two Wells in the photo were brothers I believe.
(Prep.B/MaB. 46-53)
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Florida Blue wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:58 pm The "X" in the back row next to Stewart is my brother Richard Wells (known as "Bodge" to the "Uncle" Kirby group). He left in 1952 to join the Merchant Navy (note the RMS plate on his left shoulder) after a course at the Outward Bound School so the photo is not 1953. The "X" next to him is "Bunny" Burnside. I was in Maine B at the time thus avoiding the presence of four bods by the name of Wells in the same place at the same time. The other two Wells in the photo were brothers I believe.
I thought it couldn't be 1953, because Hines was SG in 1957, and Thomas in 1958, and both look too young to have got that far so quickly.

Thornton B had 'four bods with the name of' Snow (which was sometimes confusing). One was the famous cricketer John, who was not related to the other three, who were brothers, two of them (non-identical) twins with the same initial.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Chrissie Boy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Chrissie Boy »

For what it's worth: In the 1975/76 photo (or is it 1977?) posted by 5h17shoveller, the lad on far right of the second row down (next to Colin Eley) was named Will Wyatt.

As for Steve Bartlett, I can remember right back to when he was called Steve Barrett. Hounslow's answer to Paul Weller, he was.
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by 3078260061 »

Further to previous estimates of the date of the 1953? Jamb B photo, I don't know which term it was taken, but it was certainly in the 1952/53 academic year. Bamford, Pitter, William Miller and Arthur Dyball were my contemporaries, and Wiilam Miller and I were quite friendly and both left in July 1953, then after National Service started at Oxford in 1955.For his subsequent career (and notoriety) see his obituary in the Guardian of 25 November 2998
Brian Polley, Col.B 1944-1953
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Post by LongGone »

3078260061 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm .For his subsequent career (and notoriety) see his obituary in the Guardian of 25 November 2998
The inventor of the first time travel apparatus.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

LongGone wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm
3078260061 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:23 pm .For his subsequent career (and notoriety) see his obituary in the Guardian of 25 November 2998
The inventor of the first time travel apparatus.
And he was, at one time, on the short-list to be the next Dr. Who !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
ANBagshow
2nd Former

Post by ANBagshow »

Here are photographs of Lamb B in approximately 1977 and 1978:
stage crew
2nd Former

Post by stage crew »

ANBagshow wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:35 pm Here are photographs of Lamb B in approximately 1977 and 1978:
I’ll have a stab at the 1978 names:
Bottom row (L-R): James Hawksworth, Chris Baker, Emrys Jones, Richard ‘Bill’ Keble, Paul Beynon, ??, ??, Paul Goodyer, Adam Edmunds, James Nairne, Steve Hodgson.
Second row (L-R): ? Creswell, Guy? ?, Mr David Berkley, Miss Margaret Rawlinson, Mr Richard McCall, Mr Dave O’Meara, Perry Palmer, ? Creswell, ??, Guppy?.
Third Row (L-R): ??, ??, ??, Adrian Burr, Alan Peary, ??, George Hart, ??, Dave Preswell?, ??, John? Penny, ??, Angus Penman, ??, ??, Alwyn Turner.
Fourth Row (L-R): Jon Pinsent, Chris Rogers, Dan Foster, Nick Heckstall-Smith, York Membrey, Mark Rushton, ??, ??, ??
Back Row (L-R): Simon Hillyer, Jon Roberts, Simon Biddel, Jim Muston, ??

There seems to be a lack of clarity between the third and fourth rows!

Can anyone correct my mistakes amend fill in the blanks.

Thanks
LHA 75-78
La B 78-82