2013 Admissions Thread

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

juicymum

Re: 2013 Admissions Thread

Post by juicymum »

Am I the only parent waiting? I have been having sleepless nights..................and working from home this week is not helping. I keep looking out of the window to see if the post man is coming...I believe they said by the 14th.
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

2013 Admissions Thread

Post by cupcakemom »

I'm still waiting too! Glad I'm not the only one. Yes - we should hear by the 14th ... Good luck everyone!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Sending best of luck wishes to any new parents reading this. xx
(Oh god, we'll be doing it too in 2 years!)
artmum
2nd Former

Post by artmum »

I thought they were sending the results out on the 14th and we'd get them on the 15th/16th? Did I get that wrong? Really nervous now. Best of luck to you all x
dramaqueen
2nd Former

Post by dramaqueen »

I am waiting in a state of nervous tension. Worried if she does get in we may not be able to afford contributions as have three other kids at home to think about.
Elder sister is very happy and doing well at local school, but next one fell in love with CH. :)
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

Letter in unfortunately, we did not get in. I am a bit disappointed but my DS will be gutted as her brother is already there and she is so much in CH . :(
artmum
2nd Former

Post by artmum »

Juicymum- so so sorry, I really feel for her, what an awful situation. :(
studiorex
2nd Former

Post by studiorex »

So sorry to hear your news Juicymum. "a bit disappointed" I suspect that's an understatement.

We are still waiting for the postie. Your news has nw meant that we cannot concentrate on anything.
dramaqueen
2nd Former

Post by dramaqueen »

Post arrived. No letter yet! Good thoughts to you all.
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

I am very sorry to hear that too. I have plenty of time to worry about my next child trying for CH, in fact he may not wish to do so. But the thought is there in back of my head. Because that could be one heck of a bitter pill to swallow..... And I suppose we would want it more then we did with first child, now we now how fabulous it really is. And that 'want' will no doubt put more pressure on the sibling who is trying to get a place...I really feel your misery and sincerely hope you have a good plan B for your child. Best wishes.
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

I know, she has been visiting her cousin at CH from when she was five, and her brother is now in LE. I do not understand the admission criteria ,but I know its not purely on academic basis as my daughter is level 5 and above in English and Maths. I am dreading how I am going to break this news to her.
Good luck to all and thanks Artmum x
studiorex
2nd Former

Post by studiorex »

Our post has just arrived. Both DSs did not get a place.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Sorry that your daughter didn't get in Juicymum, and your ds's studiorex. I have a son who'll be sitting the exams next year. He's also quite happy to go to the local school with his mates though!
artmum
2nd Former

Post by artmum »

We didn't get in either. I wish they would say why. I would have thought a bright, bubbly child whose father is dead and whose mother has a severe mental illness would fit their criteria for need, but maybe she messed up the exams, maybe they don't have the money. It would just be nice to know why. Totally devastated.
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

I am so sorry to hear everyones news. I know it doesn't change anything but I am thinking of you and your dd's/ds's.