"Official" Parents' Forum

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: "Official" Parents' Forum

Post by pinkhebe »

I found this site when I was first looking for a school for my son, I lurked and then joined properly when my son started the assessment process. I feel a loyalty to this site, and to be honest, I don't need another one, this provides all the support I need at the moment.

I think the mixture of Old blues, current parents and prospective parents makes for a good mix of opinions.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Hear hear! I completely agree with you Pinkhebe. This is a really good site and gives all the support anyone could possibly want.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Thanks Helen and Fil

We aim to please, your aim......

(Oh, forget it !)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
OKS
3rd Former

Post by OKS »

Exciting stuff! My "application to join the official parents' forum is being reviewed" and I will be notified. So exciting.................
But seriously I do think there is a place for a parents' only forum as well as this one. There are some chats that maybe you do just want to keep between parents and not let the world have access to. School will have access to both obviously.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

OKS wrote:Exciting stuff! My "application to join the official parents' forum is being reviewed" and I will be notified. So exciting.................
But seriously I do think there is a place for a parents' only forum as well as this one. There are some chats that maybe you do just want to keep between parents and not let the world have access to. School will have access to both obviously.
Don't forget, Amanda, that you can PM or email other actual or would-be parents (or anyone else) who subscribes here privately via this site. That way even the school will not know you have contacted anyone let alone the contents.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

I've had some fantastic support on here from other parents privately via PMs or emails and have found wonderful new friends. This forum is the best I've ever belonged to. It does what it says it wants to do.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

lippizaner wrote:I've had some fantastic support on here from other parents privately via PMs or emails and have found wonderful new friends. This forum is the best I've ever belonged to. It does what it says it wants to do.
Brilliant!

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
lippizaner2
2nd Former

Post by lippizaner2 »

Thanks Julian. Seriously, this forum is so helpful, and not at all bitchy which is what I have experienced on other forums (not school ones). Invaluable.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote:
lippizaner wrote:I've had some fantastic support on here from other parents privately via PMs or emails and have found wonderful new friends. This forum is the best I've ever belonged to. It does what it says it wants to do.
Brilliant!

Julian

AND Grand-Parents ??

:roll:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

Does anyone know what the 'Parent Portal' area on the school website will be for? Presumably this will serve a different purpose to the parents' forum, but what? I've tried clicking on the link out of idle curiosity; initially this took you to a message saying something about the page being in development, but now it takes you to a sign-in asking for a user name and password. However, the sign-in details given to us for the forum don't work, and there doesn't appear to be any option to create your own account.
OKS
3rd Former

Post by OKS »

The Portal and Forum seem to be the same thing. I couldn't log on for ages, then it suddenly worked. No idea why. Used the details we were given, we don't seem to have individual "names". No one seems to be using it which is a shame, but then maybe not many people have been able to get on it. All the old posts and threads have gone.