Less than a week to go!

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Less than a week to go!

Post by CHDad »

I can't believe the summer hols have gone so fast! Mind you it does seem an awfully long time ago when I picked DS up at the end of term. I asked my son the other day whether he was looking forward to going back to school and he gave an enthusiastic yes! He said it is great to be doing something different every day at school. Whilst we shall miss him when he returns it is nice that the children really seem to enjoy CH.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: Less than a week to go!

Post by pinkhebe »

We had a few tears last night :( But after some gentle probing today they were more due to the fact that the holidays are nearly over (and it's been a great summer, absence definately makes the heart grow fonder in this house!) than worries about going back to school. I think it'll be even tougher on us left behind this year.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I don' think anyone particularly LIKED going back to school.

However, it only takes a day or two to get back into the school routine.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

It's the horrible anticipation of saying goodbye and a wonderful summer holiday coming to an end, getting darker earlier and earlier :( ......But indeed after a few days we ll be back to normal and the countdown to next half term begins! We have now also experienced how very very quickly the year goes by. But still, I know that the next few days I ll be a real soft touch and spoil my DS, cuddle him to bits and will watch him asleep....
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

My son has become a teenager over the summer, in age as well as attitude ! Therefore I no longer see him in quite the same sweet light as I used to! Mind you he can still have his moments (when he is loveable). I shall still miss him though. However I am fortunate in being fairly local so can visit on Saturdays to watch rugby matches, I enjoy that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

CHDad wrote:My son has become a teenager over the summer, in age as well as attitude ! Therefore I no longer see him in quite the same sweet light as I used to! Mind you he can still have his moments (when he is loveable). I shall still miss him though. However I am fortunate in being fairly local so can visit on Saturdays to watch rugby matches, I enjoy that.

You are lucky.

In my day, parents could only visit on three Saturday afternoons per term !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.