christmas gifts for house parents

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

christmas gifts for house parents

Post by pinkhebe »

I've got a bottle of wine as a christmas gift for ds's housemaster, but I just wanted to check if it's the 'done thing'?

:wine:
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: christmas gifts for house parents

Post by sejintenej »

The recent legal review and warning to postmen regarding Christmas gifts stem from a recent Bribery Act. Basicaly, if someone is employed by someone else (ie postmen, school teachers, care workers, the district nurse, the bin collector ........) then any gift puts them and the giver at risk of being prosecuted for bribery. The Post Office has said that postmen should be OK (and they will turn a blind eye) provided that the gift from any one person to any one employee does not exceed £30 in value. So, forget that bottle of 1897 Vouvray and get a bottle of plonk from the supermarket and you should be OK. I don't know if CH will get round to giving guidance to staff in the next decade

As for the principle, it happened in other schools and in banks and AFAIR mention of such remembrances to CH teachers has been mentioned here before.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

We gave Our H.M a bottle last year and am intending to do the same tomorrow. Having looked after my son for the last year, I must say, I think he probably deserves it !
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

We gave Our H.M a bottle last year and am intending to do the same tomorrow. Having looked after my son for the last year, I must say, I think he probably deserves it !
Hear hear! And we always give a little something to the House matrons as well, although I've never been sure if this is the 'done thing'. (Although this year, as they will quite possibly realise, their chocs have been purchased from Poundland! :oops: )
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

It's the thought that counts