The Morning After

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: The Morning After

Post by cupcakemom »

Pibble - I've sent to a PM. Not too sure why the method of working out their e-mail addresses is cloaked in secrecy - but thought I'd better tow the line!! We were always told (I think by house mistresses mainly) that phones were not allowed up to the first leave weekend - but I did think it odd that my dd's House Mistress said on Wednesday "please don't phone your children - hearing the voice triggers the emotions (for both parties) and can really hamper their settling in." I did think at the time "don't phone? I CAN"T phone ... her phone's at home!" I do think though that it will definitely be helping my dd settle by not having her phone. On the subject of pets - our dog's not got enough brain power to work out anyone's missing. The food still arrives, I still drag him out for a walk ... business as usual as far as he's concerned.
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Yes, TP is theology and philosophy.

I've never known whether to post on here how to work out email addresses or not really, I just thought there might be some people/parents who might view this forum who would know the details they need to work it out, but who aren't allowed to have contact with certain pupils? Am I even making sense? Probably not....
lonelymom :rolleyes:
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

My DD started 2 years ago and I seem to remember that she did not have an email address till about 3 weeks in. Meant that I had to wait for letters....and was MOST miffed that she wrote to her grandparents and sister before me! And I have only had 3 letters in 2 years. Sigh. No news is good news.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Regarding animals, they adapt probably more quickly than humans.

As some of you will know, Jan and I have two boys, one half pedigree and one rescued feral. We don't ever go away for long periods of time. Catteries are or can be very traumatic. However, we do go away to a friends on the south coast for long week-end breaks and youngest daughter comes in to feed etc, etc.

They both tend to eat far less when we are away, and when we come back, Toby will completely ignore us for the best part of a day. His way of punishing us for leaving him !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I've also had an email, very short but he tells me there are no grumpy teachers at CH and he loves it :D
J.R. wrote:
They both tend to eat far less when we are away, and when we come back, Toby will completely ignore us for the best part of a day. His way of punishing us for leaving him !!
Our cat is positively rotund when we leave him for a few days - he must comfort eat
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

I received a very short email today, but it was positive! Feel so so relieved.Apparently my ds has written a letter too, can't wait! I think they get email during first ITC lesson.
sallyscan
2nd Former

Post by sallyscan »

please can you tell me how to work out their email? - thanks xx

T & P - sounds wonderful - don't think they get that at our local secondary school - we are so lucky xx
sallyscan
2nd Former

Post by sallyscan »

forgot to mention - our dog is a Greyhound! , well known for over emotionality - they do say dogs are like their owners don't they? x
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

sallyscan wrote:please can you tell me how to work out their email? - thanks xx
I'll pm you. Their emails will already be set up by now, they just might not have been told what it is yet.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

I'd like to know how to work out the email address too please! :D
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I've sent you a pm too!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Thank-you all so much for my PM's, you're a lovely lot! :D
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I`ve just had 4 Barnes A girls fussing over my dog - what lovely girls they are !
Maybe they belong to one of you?
They certainly seemed happy anyway if it`s any consolation!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mrs C. wrote:I`ve just had 4 Barnes A girls fussing over my dog - what lovely girls they are !
Maybe they belong to one of you?
They certainly seemed happy anyway if it`s any consolation!

Great news, Janet.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Well I've sent my dd an email thanks to the pm's on working out the email address, thanks for those. However no news or contact although discovered her grandparents got a letter this morning which sounded perky and was hinting at having a chocolate parcel sent.

It seems she still has the usual priorities so all is well!

P