naming mouth guards?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

naming mouth guards?

Post by pinkhebe »

Mil wanted to sort out our son's mouthguard (she used to work as a dental nurse), which was fine, but it's come back without a name on. However I was speaking to a new collegue, who during term time is a matron at hurstpierpoint college, and she said it's important to name the guards as they notoriously are put into tracksuit pockets and then sent for washing.

So will I be sorting a new mouth guard out by the first leave weekend? Of course I've sent the form back saying I don't need the school dentist to make one.

I know nothing of mouthguards (as you may notice) I didn't even know you could put names on them.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Re: naming mouth guards?

Post by CHDad »

I don't think my son has his name on his (I will check) and he hasn't lost it yet. However he probably never puts his tracksuit in to be washed!

On another matter I did get a really strange txt message from him last year which said "Dad someone has taken all of my clothes". This obviously concerned me a great deal, however 10 minutes later I got another txt saying "dont worry I have found them all, they were underneath something". I thought this a bit strange as he has lots of clothes at school. When he came home I asked him what on earth had happened to all his clothes to which he replied that his housemaster had taken them as he was on a "civvies" ban for a week for having such an untidy room! I couldn't stop laughing!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

I ordered a mouthguard for dd from her orthodontist before the letter from the school, and she lost the first tooth in ages :-( ( she will probably have to have another made soon) , but, she has chosen a royal blue mouthguard !!!
I tried to get her to choose a White or clear one... Hopefully next time she will!

( I think it's a tactic to scare the opposition - her second cousin is a tattoed Maori ex all blacks rugby player ;-)
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

When my eldest started at CH I had a mouthguard made by the CH dentist, which cost me a small fortune. She then had braces fitted and her teeth changed so much that after a few months it didn't fit properly. At which point she informed me that most of her friends had the sort that you can buy on ebay (called Opro or something similar) that you put into a cup of hot water and mould to the shape of your teeth. These can be re-moulded over and over again and come in lots of different colours. They also come in different grades, so far I've only bought silver ones, and now both of my girls have them and have never had any problems at all!
lonelymom :rolleyes:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I think you can buy them in sports shops also. Our local one sold them in the club colours.

By the way - probably should be on the jokes thread. Male cricketers have been wearing boxes since 1874, and only been wearing helmets since 1974!
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Apparently clear ones aren't very good if you lose it on the field! Son has chosen blue too. A friend (who plays rugby) says he knows of many friends who have lost teeth using the moulded ones.

I think £35 is quite good value.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

sure my clear one had name and number engraved on the outside :p possible hygiene issues though. it tasted stranger and stranger over time :p
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I still have mine somewhere from school - and it still fits me, last time I tried!

You care carefully engrave the name and/or house number on the outside with a hot screw driver or similar - anything that will gently melt the plastic. Just don't go too deep, and don't leave rough edges - very uncomfortable!

I had train-track braces top and bottom at school, and had a mouth guard made by the school dentist which went over the braces - brilliant.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
funemnx
2nd Former

Post by funemnx »

Trust me, from experience - if the mouthguard goes through the CH wash, regardless of being named or not, it will only fit a pixie....
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

:lol:
lonelymom :rolleyes: