Best wishes to all the new second form

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: Best wishes to all the new second form

Post by lonelymom »

Mmmm, I'm thinking swimming goggles will be a bad idea because there may be some dirt already inside them when I put them on, and when that dirt gets in my eyes my eyes will start to 'leak', the goggles won't let the 'water' out and my eyes will drown! :?
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

So ......... can we expect this thread to suddenly go very quiet next weekend when all these new second formers go home for leave weekend and their parents lose access to their computers?
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:Mmmm, I'm thinking swimming goggles will be a bad idea because there may be some dirt already inside them when I put them on, and when that dirt gets in my eyes my eyes will start to 'leak', the goggles won't let the 'water' out and my eyes will drown! :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Had son on email upset because his room area was messed up and his sax, which was in its case, was out and on the floor.
No idea who did it but I am shocked that this kind of thing goes on at all. Maybe I am being naive but I didn't expect this kind of thing to happen.

Just when he was settling in as well.....just what we need.
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

I hope you have rung his HM. It isn't acceptable and I am sure something will be done if they know about it.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

He went straight to his HM (good boy!) and apparantly it is dealt with......I just feel sad for him as it has been a hard 10 days.........I can't understand the who or why of something like this. And this is the moment that I want to be there with a big hug. I REALLY hope it has been dealt with and that this doesn't recur.................
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

What a shame. It's probably a bit of petty spite & it happens everywhere, no reason why CH wouldn't have its share of troublemakers. Quick thinking by your son to get his HM involved straight away, & hope he sorted it. Any damage done, apart from upsetting your son?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

No damage as noticed yet.

I think I disagree about the troublemakers......if we are going to make this sacrifice then I dont expect this kind of thing. If they aren't filtered out on the entrance procedure then they should be out as soon as they raise their head. Naive? Maybe; over-emotional because am not there to comfort my son, then yes, definitely!
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

Boys do daft things. Teenage boys operate on impulse and although it isn't acceptable to interfere with other people's belongings they some times act with out thought but not with malice .
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

YadaYada wrote: Naive? Maybe; over-emotional because am not there to comfort my son, then yes, definitely!
I really do sympathise, YadaYada; I remember trembling with fury at some of the things that were done to my 11 year-old daughter by one particular girl when she started at her (very good) state Middle School, 30 years ago this month. She was even punished for one of them - some rubbish written by this girl in DD's homework. I made my daughter "grass" on the girl, then rang the school & blew my top. It was sorted, and I actually got a letter of apology from said girl. She left DD alone after that. I'm sorry, but there always will be one or two; though, as you say, it's best if they're firmly dealt with early on.
Chin up! He'll come through this ok - he's got you on his side.
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

YadaYada wrote:No damage as noticed yet.

I think I disagree about the troublemakers......if we are going to make this sacrifice then I dont expect this kind of thing. If they aren't filtered out on the entrance procedure then they should be out as soon as they raise their head. Naive? Maybe; over-emotional because am not there to comfort my son, then yes, definitely!
I think there will always be troublemakers, even if it's only one or two, in any given large group. I hope your son is ok and it has all been sorted out.
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

There are bullies and misfits in every school in the UK. Any school that claims they do not have bullying is deluded. However, it is very important that pupils and parents speak up firmly and quickly when incidents like this happen. Ranting is not helpful, but a firm request for the matter to be dealt with IS helpful.

This way those who do it feel put upon and if it is repeated then they will find their place at CH being placed at jeopardy. MOST CH pupils (over 95%) are decent and hardworking - not blameless - but not malicious either. The 5% that are not need to be warned and if they don't change, asked to move on.

A close working relationship between teacher and parent is invariably useful and important.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I think you also have to remember that all squits are in a new and challenging environment... Some kids will throw their weight around, because that's all they now - but most soon learn. I don't think you could throw a kid out in the first few weeks due to a minor indescretion...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Was it a new boy though? Or have the older boys been in to YadaYada's son's room and been rooting through his things? I agree that there are minor things that will happen, but in my daughters' house the housemistress admits she has a 'thief'. She knows who it is, she knows everything she has stolen, and the girl is still there! I don't think that should be allowed, the girls should be able to leave their belongings without worrying that they will be stolen!
lonelymom :rolleyes:
ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

my understanding is that there are lockers (that lock) in the music rooms for instruments and you are sstrongly advised to use them?

Unfortunately my daughter isn't permitted to take her drum kit :lol: