SPEECH DAY

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Re: SPEECH DAY

Post by dinahcat »

Yes, it is truly a delight and linking to the thread about how it is struggle to pay the fees(and I don't mean to trivialise that thread) I shall continue to press my nose longingly against Waitrose's window and go back to my gruel...
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Ajarn Philip wrote: P.S. The standard of marching was probably better than it was in the 70s, and particularly good by the girls too.
I thought so too, but then I am biased, because my daughter can be seen marching! She's the gorgeous one in the video, by the way! :lol:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Ajarn Philip wrote: Have to confess it took me a while to find the link to that; a. because nobody posted it and b. because for some reason I was looking for hands, knees and boomps-a-daisy...
:oops:
:lol:

Sorry, Philip, when I mentioned the Head, Shoulders, Knees etc video it didn't occur to me to post the link, I just assumed everybody would find it easily like I did. Sorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy :P (But really, Hands, knees and boomps-a-daisy? Please!)
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

lonelymom wrote:
Ajarn Philip wrote: P.S. The standard of marching was probably better than it was in the 70s, and particularly good by the girls too.
I thought so too, but then I am biased, because my daughter can be seen marching! She's the gorgeous one in the video, by the way! :lol:
Aren't they all gorgeous?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

I showed my friend who was ch with me the head, shoulders, video over the weekend and she loved it! We thought it totally sums up CH and the feel of the school
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

englishangel wrote: Aren't they all gorgeous?
Yes, you're right, they are all gorgeous :)
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Even my husband enjoyed it, and his daughter loved it, Her comment "I bet you wouldn't have been allowed to do that in your day!"
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Oh I don't know, some of our 'entertainments' were quite good.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:
I've just watched this for the first time. My daughter's the other gorgeous one in the video! They obviously put the good looking ones on the side nearest to the Lord Mayor! :D I was standing on the other side of the avenue on the day and as she's so small I couldn't see her then!
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Mid A 15 wrote:
Ajarn Philip wrote:OH - MY - GOD!!! I don't know how I managed to miss this before, but I've just watched the Peele Festival Heads, Shoulders, etc video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-vKe-MUcw0 for anyone who hasn't seen it). Best advert for CH any marketing director could possibly come up with. Brilliant, well done to all (and perhaps especially the members of staff!).

Please keep us up to date on anything similar that crops up on the Internet.
Great stuff and good to see a Charlton fan in there!
That makes three of us.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Barnes Mum wrote: I've just watched this for the first time. My daughter's the other gorgeous one in the video!
Yep, she definitely is. Do you think we might be a little bit biased?... nah, just honest! :)
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:
Barnes Mum wrote: I've just watched this for the first time. My daughter's the other gorgeous one in the video!
Yep, she definitely is. Do you think we might be a little bit biased?... nah, just honest! :)
I'm only ever honest! (Honest! :lol: )
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

:lol: