New sports kit list

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: New sports kit list

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:I find this Topic fascinating --- but confusing !

I think JR will agree, that we didn't have to buy anything, House Colours and School Colours were presented. and for PT (PE to you) pretty well anything went, as for "Runs" and work on the School "Farm" (Does that still exist, for Anti- Sport Pupils ?)

As I recall Neill, all the PT kit was purchased from John Lewis in London, along with the regulation trunk.

Certainly, house/school colours were presented.

My most treasured badges were the silver crossed bugles and marksman badge for my CCF uniform, even though I was a bren-gunner.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

The on-line shop for the new Kukri sports kit is open again now until Wednesday 23rd September. There is a link from the school's website.
MidBMama
2nd Former

Post by MidBMama »

Yes I saw that - thanks! however, on the website it says that uniform will be delivered to CH 'by 18th September' - does this mean that if you order after 18th it will be delivered sometime later? or will they miraculously know what orders are coming up?! a bit confusing... :o
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

Delivery of the the items ordered in July will be at school by 25th September. The items ordered in September will be here 8 weeks after the shop closes.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

J.R. wrote:
As I recall Neill, all the PT kit was purchased from John Lewis in London, along with the regulation trunk.

Certainly, house/school colours were presented.
Agreed, I can remember going up to John Lewis for the sports kit, but knowing my father, he would have found a cheaper source for the trunk.
As an aside, I have always wondered where I can get hold of an XXL Barnes B rugby shirt. I assume they stopped making them after Barnes went first junior and then a girl's house.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

Should anyone need a size 38 chest Kukri Polo Shirt for their son or daughter, I am endeavouring to find a purchaser for one that is brand new and too big to be worn by its owner. Please e-mail me if you are interested.