University of Cambridge

Want to contact someone who's been to the Uni you're thinking of going to?
Old Blues - post here if you're prepared to offer advice/support to someone thinking of going to your Uni...

Moderator: Moderators

cscashby
2nd Former

University of Cambridge

Post by cscashby »

Well, I graduated from Cambridge in July (reading Meterials Sciences at Christs), so please get in touch with me if you want help with anything college / subject related; especially in the sciences.
snashy
2nd Former

Post by snashy »

but if you are looking for somewhere with a fantastic nightlife, then this is not really the place for you. ok, so it is not dead, and there are a couple of student nights on at the clubs, but there are only 3 of them, and they are all quite expensive. thats not to say it is totally crap!...... :D
Col A 1996-2002 GrW 2002-03
Raff
2nd Former

Post by Raff »

I'm currently a Dep and am planning to visit both Oxford and Cambridge to see if I have a preference. I have a friend at Oxford but would like to know if there are any OBs studying at Cambridge who would be willing to show me round one afternoon in the new year to get a feel for the place etc. Nothing taxing, and there'll be a pint or two in it.
gerard22
2nd Former

Cambridge

Post by gerard22 »

I was at Col B, then Oxford (French and German), and my 17 year old son is considering going to Cambridge or Imperial, London to do Engineering - he is doing his first year of A levels now. Any chance of a word on the phone with him to discover what life doing a scientific degree at Cambridge is like? My email is gerard.gregg-smith@virgin.net.
Gerard
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: Cambridge

Post by jtaylor »

gerard22 wrote:I was at Col B, then Oxford (French and German), and my 17 year old son is considering going to Cambridge or Imperial, London to do Engineering - he is doing his first year of A levels now. Any chance of a word on the phone with him to discover what life doing a scientific degree at Cambridge is like? My email is gerard.gregg-smith@virgin.net.
Gerard
Let us know here if you have any luck on this one.
J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
gerard22
2nd Former

Cambridge

Post by gerard22 »

Cheers Julian, will do.
Gerard