UNiversity of Wales, Bangor

Want to contact someone who's been to the Uni you're thinking of going to?
Old Blues - post here if you're prepared to offer advice/support to someone thinking of going to your Uni...

Moderator: Moderators

Hobbit
3rd Former

UNiversity of Wales, Bangor

Post by Hobbit »

well so far as i know i have counted including myself 4 of us here....
tobeconfirmed
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by tobeconfirmed »

I'm almost certainly coming in October. It seems such a great place, cheap; relatively small town; friendly; so many bilingual signs (and people) it's like being abroad; breathtaking scenery. And very good uni too, departments where everyone knows everyone else etc..
Hobbit
3rd Former

Post by Hobbit »

hey u tell me who you are and what courses and stuff i can help u out or if u want any help choosing accomodation.....

well just pm me anytime, or if u up in Bangor might even let u tkae me for a beer...hehe (give me a break am a poor student)
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Re: UNiversity of Wales, Bangor

Post by LongGone »

As far as I know, I was the first OB to attend Bangor 61-65. Certainly when I showed up for my interview in uniform it created quite a stir. I loved it: in large part because with two teachers colleges and a nursing school, there were a lot of women. Coming from seven years at CH it was an eye-opener. I also appreciated the small size and relatively low-key atmosphere that gave me good balance of work and play. If there are older graduates, I would be interested to hear about your experiences.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg