The University Of Exeter

Want to contact someone who's been to the Uni you're thinking of going to?
Old Blues - post here if you're prepared to offer advice/support to someone thinking of going to your Uni...

Moderator: Moderators

Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

slightly off topic i know, but mr cunningham's son phillip is now with my auntie, and so i had tea with mr cunningham snr in horsham. small world, eh?
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

Indeed.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hendrik wrote:my strongest memory of it from my interview was that f***ing hill. don't mention THAT in the prospectus do they?!
i also remember the SU bar looking lovely but rediculously expensive. thus defeating the point of having an SU bar (cause or effect of the toffs, do you think?)
very good for languages though, until the Vice Chancellor axes them.
True, Cardiac Hill is a classic!

The SU Bar (actually, there wasn't a Student Union - it's the Guild of Students) isn't that expensive these days...

The VC has already axed Italian...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Rachel Eee
2nd Former

Post by Rachel Eee »

Hey
Have to say that I am at the smaller campus (St Lukes) and it isn't that great, I am a fresh and leaving at the end of the year (parent making me stay on til end of year!). There is no variation on people, only sports science students and education and the uni bar is normally empty, hurrah for arena.
So anyone wanting to go to St Lukes, I will give you an honest opinion!
:D
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

St Lukes was just for sport and teaching when I was there ages ago - sounds as if little has changed! Not the ideal place to start your university life, I suspect. Pity it`s not worked out for you Rachel - you would probably have been fine up on the main campus, where in Hall , in the bar, etc, you`d be mixing with people from different subjects!

Surely you`ve found some rugby playing mates??
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Rachel Eee wrote:Hey
Have to say that I am at the smaller campus (St Lukes) and it isn't that great, I am a fresh and leaving at the end of the year (parent making me stay on til end of year!). There is no variation on people, only sports science students and education and the uni bar is normally empty, hurrah for arena.
So anyone wanting to go to St Lukes, I will give you an honest opinion!
:D
Hmmm, that's a shame - The Lukies were always a bit of a closed sect with the sporty types and the teachers down there...

Then again, Dad went there when it was a seperate teacher training college!

And I can't believe you say 'hurrah' for Arena.... ;)
99graych
2nd Former

Post by 99graych »

Rachel I'm at Newcastle at the moment but am holding an offer from peninsula for medicine. If I end up on the exeter campus I too will be at St Lukes. Do you know what it's like for the medics? I'm sorry to hear you didnt have a good time. What are you doing at the moment? Xxx
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I think that the St Lukes is a little insular in its aspect but there are still quite a number of people there and I had lots of friends from St Lukes even though I was a Jif...

Exeter is a beautiful city in a wonderful area - I can't reccomend it highly enough!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

ditto!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.