New Forum Section - Hertford Memories

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

englishangel wrote: If you check Veronica Gravett's FRU details she graduated in 1967 which would make her 59 or so now.
So she was about the age I am now when I started at Hertford :shock: A little bit younger in fact!!! :shock:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

My head hurts
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

englishangel wrote:My head hurts
So does mine - I had a migraine today after some daydreamer slammed their car into mine :roll:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Ouch Vonny that must have hurt - are you ok?

I had a bad head the other day - eventually crawled back to bed and slept like a babe - I guess I'm lucky - having had my children early and now being as they say - a bit on the elderly side (bless!) I now have no real responsibility to sorting out their daily routine - I get up at 7am make my daughter her breakfast and her lunch - see her off to the bus, and then the day is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although there are days when I don't talk to a "real" person - ie someone outside the family and not the cats! Son lives with his girlfriend and her parents - at 21 I don't think he really thinks living at home has any merits!! (too right - especially when he wont pay anything towards rent!)

Anyhow - Vonny - hope your head is less painful now and that your car isn't too damaged - and a lesson from me - don't ever lend your offspring your car just after they have passed their test..... unless you want it back in pieces! :cry:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jude, you area mere child.

there are several of us on here older than you.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Thank you Mary for that dig...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Euterpe13 wrote:Thank you Mary for that dig...
I was thinking about midget actually.

You are as old as you feel, I think poor Jude has 'good' and 'bad' days.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Indeed ... my son ( in the days when he was still talking to me) once sent me a b'day card with , on the front " You're as old as you feel" , and inside " and you feel lovely!".

Did Jude mention she has MS in another post - horrible illness, but she sounds v. brave about it. Must say that this forum also give me a much-needed daily chuckle, and sod the time-wasting !

Juie sent me mail about a get-together, but I never get over to the South - only to the 'pool to see Lovely Laura
B
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Yes she did, didn't want to mention it in case I was imagining it.

Perhaps I should have said, "You are as old as you THINK you feel".

YOur son sounds lovely, I have 2 like that, and a cuddly daughter too who just recently said, "Why do people send birthday cards with horrible jokes about how old you are?"
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Re. Lovely Son : ah, yes, but he also says think like " Mother , when are you going to start acting like an adult ?" ( I start when I'm dead - eternity lasts a long time...) or " Mother is like a lovely house with landscaped gardens - all the lights are on, but there's nobody home..." ( ouch) or, the best : " I can never talk to you seriously about anything ... " ( we were discussing whether he should dye his hair orange or silver, and I'm afraid I lost it...)

At the moment, he isn't talking to me at all, which is perhaps just as well... but my Laura is a joy, so not all is lost ! ( but she also opines that her Mum is an overgrown adolescent )
B.
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Euterpe13 wrote:Re. Lovely Son : ah, yes, but he also says think like " Mother , when are you going to start acting like an adult ?" ( I start when I'm dead - eternity lasts a long time...) or " Mother is like a lovely house with landscaped gardens - all the lights are on, but there's nobody home..." ( ouch) or, the best : " I can never talk to you seriously about anything ... " ( we were discussing whether he should dye his hair orange or silver, and I'm afraid I lost it...)

At the moment, he isn't talking to me at all, which is perhaps just as well... but my Laura is a joy, so not all is lost ! ( but she also opines that her Mum is an overgrown adolescent )
B.
Depends if he is blond or brunet. Silver is nice.

Mine was going to go blond for £50, Green for £100 and bald for £200 for Children in Need but chickened out.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

His natural colour is a lovely dark chestnut.... and since he couldn't decide ( and I didn't dare comment again ) - we had orange ( and I mean nasturtium here ) , followed by metallic silver..... along with green contact lenses on his brown eyes... ho hum
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

My daughter also has extremely dark brown hair, very, very thick and shiny, with dark brown eyes (all 3 have them), and whatever colour she puts on her hair is magnificent. (red, blue, purple and black so far) she hasn't (yet) bleached it to change completely, too proud of it at the moment.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Lucky mother.... believe me, you do not want to go and pick up a 6'4" tall ,dark & handsome at the station, to find a an inverted carrot waiting for you - gave me a nasty turn, I can tell you !
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I have a carrot top nephew, who was blond at last meeting.

Own son was very Goth. When he was 14 I arranged for him to go to a Marilyn Manson concert with a friend of mine who did not know him.

Friend said "How will I know him?" expecting a little boy.

" He will look as if he is going to a M M concert"

5'11', white face, black eyes, black lips, black hair. Black leather jacket, black combat trousers and boots.

Looks a little more normal now though he does have long hair (usually in a ponytail)