Apologies if already posted

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Apologies if already posted

Post by Mid A 15 »

elsewhere but following on from the thread on CH Stuff requesting books as to the history of CH I stumbled across this site specifically re Hertford:

http://www.hertfordshire-genealogy.co.u ... spital.htm
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: Apologies if already posted

Post by Angela Woodford »

Thank you Andy! So kind!

I'd found this site - but how I should like a print of this marvellous picture of the Front Gates!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

I'm not an expert on this and someone may know better but try
Hold curser over photo and right click, either go straight to print picture or select save picture and choose somewhere to save it. When saved you should be able to print the photo.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

AKAP, it works!

I now have a small version of the picture, but I see how it could be enlarged.

Thank you very much!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I am very familiar with that website. I bid against him for the Marker's Medal awarded to Louisa Allen - the bidding went over £100 and he pipped me in the last second. There are not very many female Marker's Medal (and how much I would give to get hold of Susannah Holmes', as she wears in her portraits!). He is a genuine Hertford genealogist and his website covers many aspects of Hertford, not only CH, as well as aspects of his very sad family circumstances. I find the census returns fascinating - and the links to various members of staff etc.
As stated elsewhere on this Forum tonight, some of those links I could have verified through my own collection of memorabilia but the collection has been donated now to the Museum at Horsham, for them to do with as is best for them.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I am very familiar with that website. I bid against him for the Marker's Medal awarded to Louisa Allen - the bidding went over £100 and he pipped me in the last second. There are not very many female Marker's Medals (and how much I would give to get hold of Susannah Holmes', as she wears in her portraits!). He is a genuine Hertford genealogist and his website covers many aspects of Hertford, not only CH, as well as aspects of his very sad family circumstances. I find the CH census returns fascinating - and the links to various members of staff etc.
As stated elsewhere on this Forum tonight, some of those links I could have verified through my own collection of memorabilia but the collection has been donated now to the Museum at Horsham, for them to do with as is best for them.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966