Ascension Day Picnic!

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Re: Ascension Day Picnic!

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Does anyone remember going to Blenheim Palace - or did I imagine that?
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Would have been a bit of a long drive?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Jo wrote:I'm sure we went to Hatfield House at least once. We certainly went to Kenwood a couple of times. We also went somewhere one year about which I have one very clear memory, though I can't remember where it was, or anything else about it. It was a minor stately home or large mansion, and I don't know whether it was open to the public, or whether we had made a special arrangement to visit it. We'd been shown round, I think, and were then free to wander inside and outside for the rest of the day.
It's always intrigued me to this day that I haven't a clue where this place was but I remember the mystery of the trapdoor and our excited chatter afterwards about what the story might have been.
Brockett Hall between Hertford and Harpenden perhaps. Lord Brockett got sent down a few years ago
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:
Jo wrote:I'm sure we went to Hatfield House at least once. We certainly went to Kenwood a couple of times. We also went somewhere one year about which I have one very clear memory, though I can't remember where it was, or anything else about it. It was a minor stately home or large mansion, and I don't know whether it was open to the public, or whether we had made a special arrangement to visit it. We'd been shown round, I think, and were then free to wander inside and outside for the rest of the day.
It's always intrigued me to this day that I haven't a clue where this place was but I remember the mystery of the trapdoor and our excited chatter afterwards about what the story might have been.
Brockett Hall between Hertford and Harpenden perhaps. Lord Brockett got sent down a few years ago

Insurance fraud over his car collection.

He then went on to star in I'm a Celeb........... in Oz.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
chaosriddenyears
Deputy Grecian

Post by chaosriddenyears »

I don't remember the outings particularly - Kim, I think we had an outing once to Waddesdon Manor, the Rothschild place but I don't know whether that was Ascension Day. The only kind of packed lunch I ever remember (and that is engraved on my memory) is the cheese and hairy mango sandwich one.