Christ's Hospital Exhibition at Hertford Museum

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Same here Kerren.

Just the weather for recovering, feet up on the sofa, tele on and a large G & T, ice and lemon.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Sounds tempting (G&T that is...). Definitely not a day for venturing outside.

I wasn't really joking about the CHA organising a Hertford OB Reunion to coincide with the Museum exhibition.....what I really intended was that I should not be asked to do so (having organised all previous ones, prior to the advent of the CHA)....
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

OK, will stop doing the happy dance for a couple of minutes, and type this post, which will, hopefully, make sense.

I have just been told to go ahead and book flights for my proposed trip to France and UK, even though we still haven't heard whether funding will be forthcoming - wooohoooooooooooooooooooo.

So, as no-one else, to my knowledge, has put up their hand to organise a reunion during the time of the exhibition I shall.

I can be there at any time between Wednesday 2 April and Sunday 6/4. Would any interested parties please let me know whether weekday or weekend is preferred?

I will definitely pay a visit to the exhibition, and it would be great to meet up with everyone.

Back to happy dancing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caroline
xx
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
MKM
Grecian

Post by MKM »

:lol: :lol: Great news, Caroline. I imagine your happy dance to be an extra energetic version of the 6's rain dance.

For the Hertford visit, I prefer any day except the Saturday.

I still haven't sent anything for the Hertford museum. I wonder if they'd like my third form needlework (with real bloodstains).

Has anyone heard from Munch recently?
Mary
CH 1965-1972
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

MKM wrote:Has anyone heard from Munch recently?
I had a post card last week (not dated) saying she was suffering Forum withdrawal symptoms! She had just discovered quarry bedrock under the garden and was having to change all her plans.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: Christ's Hospital Exhibition at Hertford Museum

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The happy dance is, indeed, intended to be an energetic and assertive version of the rain dance, but is interspersed with ouches and groans as pains shoot from my knees to my processing centre in an effort to persuade me to be sensible.

A weekday would suit me better too - lets hope that some others can make it too.

xx