Miss Morrison

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

gma
Grecian

Re: Miss Morrison

Post by gma »

I still remember cracking up over him hiding wih his bicycle in ditch after losing a 'verbal' with the mayor, but favourite of all were his conversations with the Lord, v v funny. Didn't ever want to see the films in case they spoiled the books!! :D
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

And the "Easter egg" from the mayor--a large brown-painted bomb.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

HOORAY !!

Positive memories --- I have been so saddened by the pitiful Posts on the other Thread !

Note --- This is from a sentimental Male ! :oops:
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

No, NEILL, not pitiful - maybe angry? Maybe furious that I didn't cope with the awful DR situation at the time as I should have done? I should have complained and explained myself. I wasn't a brave girl like Jo, who marched down to DR's huge house to tell her how I felt as she did. (Bravo, Jo.)

But I did love Miss Morrison, and I loved to make her laugh - that well-supported quivering bosom! That irresistible chuckle!

Anyway, NEILL, why should you say HOORAY only for our positive memories? Do you like only to read the good stuff?
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

N the N you have no idea!! (Every time I type that my brain says Noggin the Nog, sorry!) Yes the bad was bad, but the good was good too! Although not always as big as the bad, the good occurred more often; I'm thinking.....

Dormfeasts.
Dorm whispers.
Crushes.
Trying on the hats stored above the mirrors halfw ay down the senior dorm.
Sitting on blankets on the field in high summer chatting about nohing or sunbathing or reading.
Eating crabapples from the tree by the infirmary until we were sick.
Polishing the long tables in hose with rags wrapped around your feet.
Getting the bed in the corner on your first day back.
Long sats.
Exam results being posted somewhere up by the kitchen when they weren't as bad as you feared they might be.
Midnight traipsing around the square (can't remember what for and it was probably only about half past nine!).
Tennis just because you could on a saturday afternoon.
Reading books in the music rooms sitting on the window sills where no-one could find you.
Fried bread with butter and marmalade.
Kedgeree.
Wringing out your swimmy in the wringer!!
Tea out of big bowls.
Late bell on sundays.
Letters in the post.
Parcels.
Your uniform fitting properly.
Keeping the 'fat' shoes instead of the new nasty pointy things for the next term even tho' they had a hole in and you couldn't send them to get re-soled 'cos they'd take them off you.
First day in summer frocks after winter (and it was always so warm !!).
Getting a summer dress in a colour that wasn't barf pink or vile green!!
Last day of term, excitement about going home, longing to see 'home' family again and sadness at missing your 'school' family.
Trunks and suitcases piled up in the hallway ready to be sent on, still smile at HPotter at the station....

:lol:
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.