Sixes Forever!

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

J.R. wrote:
englishangel wrote:On her 16th birthday by daughter was dancing around singing "I'm legal, I'm legal'.

As far as I know she hasn't acted on it yet (2 years on)
I can't believe you typed that Mary !

Two opposing words spring to mind TRUSTING and GULLIBLE
You haven't met my daughter (and see comment re Doc Martens on Gemmy's thread)
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: Chocolate Bunnies and some Best Friends

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Katharine wrote:
icomefromalanddownunder wrote:Alex, is it Ruth who files ex-racers around the country (USA) to new homes, as a member of Greyhounds Over America?

If she's involved in extending the lives of greyhounds then she's OK in my book :wink:

Love

Caroline
I love the idea of filing greyhounds! She does fly them around, Sarah Haslett also held a pilot's licence, wonder what made that lot want to fly?

Ooops! Post midnight dyslexia :wink:

Thought you might like to see a photograph of a filed greyhound. Or maybe she's a field greyhound? Anyway, definitely not a flying greyhound:

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

englishangel wrote:
J.R. wrote:
englishangel wrote:On her 16th birthday by daughter was dancing around singing "I'm legal, I'm legal'.

As far as I know she hasn't acted on it yet (2 years on)
I can't believe you typed that Mary !

Two opposing words spring to mind TRUSTING and GULLIBLE
You haven't met my daughter (and see comment re Doc Martens on Gemmy's thread)
An update. When I told her what I had said,she rolled her eyes in an "oh Mother" kind of way.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Woof Woof

Post by Angela Woodford »

Congratulations to Caroline on a gorgeous photo of a filed greyhound.

You are such a good photographer!

I have found a chain photo shop that will convert my 1's and 6's colour slides - mostly 1965 - onto a disc. Then will find out how to post them. There is a pic of the infamous Millie in mid rant!

Love

Munch
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: Woof Woof

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Angela Woodford wrote:Congratulations to Caroline on a gorgeous photo of a filed greyhound.

You are such a good photographer!

I have found a chain photo shop that will convert my 1's and 6's colour slides - mostly 1965 - onto a disc. Then will find out how to post them. There is a pic of the infamous Millie in mid rant!

Love

Munch

Why thank you :D I have, however, to confess that a great deal is dependent upon the camera, and for a point and shoot I cannot recommend the Olympus Camedia with 10x zoom highly enough.

Actually, while on Heron Island (southern end of The GB Reef) last year I discovered that blind people can take photos :wink: I treated myself to a cheapish digital with waterproof case. Great. Except that I couldn't see through the view finder when the camera was underwater. Still got some great shots, including one of a reef shark that we almost trod on - just pointed the camera in roughly the right direction and pressed the shutter release. Magic!

I would love, love, love a copy of your CH photos. Are you able to burn discs? If so, you could copy the disc that the store gives you, or get them to copy multiple copies. I am very happy to contribute to the cost of digitalising the prints, and to pay for a copy of the disc. Do you have any from Richard Atkins?

I bought a cheapish slide/negative scanner just before Christmas, and all was well until my daughter killed my laptop. The scanning software won't talk to my replacement computer, and I am too impatient to hold on the telephone long enough to ever get to speak to the Epson Help Desk. Groan.

Love

Caroline
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

My Old Colour Slides

Post by Angela Woodford »

Caroline!

There are certainly about 10 slides of Richard Atkins! A splendid portrait of our dear old headmistress Miss Morley.

Certainly I very much admire your photographs! The picture of Swish is wonderful!

Hope you are better from your awful Bug!!!

But I am off topic. Will email you -

Love

Munch