Armed Forces Careers

CH Pupils:- Want some advice on a career you're interested in? Want some job contacts for work experience, qualifications required?
Old Blues:- Want to support pupils and other old blues with careers advice in your area of expertise?

Moderator: Moderators

cj
Button Grecian

Re: Armed Forces Careers

Post by cj »

greg wrote: my wife recovers from a fairly nasty C-Section after Second Son was born two weeks ago. Due to fly back out once she has recovered - so if anyone has any questions now is the time to get them in as I have plenty of time to check the internet at stupid o'clock in the morning whilst trying to calm a nocturnal baby!
Congrats on the new arrival - hope your wife recovers well.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

J.R. wrote:Congratulations on the new addition, Greg.

For your information, something very very strange has happened in Pommie Land.........

The sun has actually come out and it's WARM !
While in the driest state of the driest continent (after Antarctica) it is bucketing down.

Off for a cold shower (I'll just stand outside without my kagool) - all this talk of men in uniform ...............................

xx
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
daisy55
2nd Former

Post by daisy55 »

Hi,

I'm finishing up at Edinburgh University in a few weeks, and am in the process of applying for the navy. I've done the basic fitness test etc. and now have the pre AIB interview coming up in a few weeks.

Would any of you be able to give some advice as to the format of this interview? Whether it is a formal selection process or more of an advisory interview and a chance for the Navy to see what I have to offer past passing the initial tests.

Also, does anyone know of people currently serving, so I could contact them direct?

Thanks very much for your time,

Tom Day
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

My son's best friend is a submariner, enlisted though, so probably not a lot of help.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

daisy55 wrote:Hi,

I'm finishing up at Edinburgh University in a few weeks, and am in the process of applying for the navy. I've done the basic fitness test etc. and now have the pre AIB interview coming up in a few weeks.

Would any of you be able to give some advice as to the format of this interview? Whether it is a formal selection process or more of an advisory interview and a chance for the Navy to see what I have to offer past passing the initial tests.

Also, does anyone know of people currently serving, so I could contact them direct?

Thanks very much for your time,

Tom Day
Maybe you could try the Clerk.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)